Revision as of 17:35, 24 May 2010 by Pinkkeith
- 3 - J.R.R. Tolkien's twenty-first birthday.
- 7 - Francis de Wolff, who would voice Smaug in the 1968 radio series of The Hobbit, is born.
- 1 - J.R.R. Tolkien is elected president of Stapledon Society, a student body at Exeter College.
- 16 – In an annual Christmas rugby match at King Edward's School, alumni at Oxford and Cambridge play against the School's First XV. This year, the alumni J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Wiseman, T.K. Barnsley, Robert Gilson, G.B. Smith and Sidney Barrowclough lose 14-10.
- ? - From the many-willow'd margin of the immemorial Thames is published in the Stapledon Magazine.
- ? - Tolkien contacts Edith Bratt, who subsequently breaks off her engagement with another man.
- ? - Tolkien takes a Second Class in exams and transfers from classics to English, with emphasis in philology, and formally studies Old Norse.
1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916