Revision as of 18:06, 15 April 2013 by Morgan
- 3 - J.R.R. Tolkien's twenty-first birthday.
- 3 - Tolkien contacts Edith Bratt, who subsequently breaks off her engagement with another man.
- 7 - Actor Francis de Wolff is born.
- 21 - Actor Heron Carvic is born.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien begins his diary "JRRT and EMB in account together, AMDG".
- 1 - J.R.R. Tolkien is elected president of Stapledon Society, a student body at Exeter College.
- 16 – In an annual Christmas rugby match at King Edward's School, alumni at Oxford and Cambridge play against the School's First XV. This year, the alumni J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Wiseman, T.K. Barnsley, Robert Gilson, G.B. Smith and Sidney Barrowclough lose 14-10.
- ? - From the many-willow'd margin of the immemorial Thames is published in the Stapledon Magazine.
- ? - "Oxford Letter", J.R.R. Tolkien's report on former King Edward's pupils at Oxford, is published in The King Edward's School Chronicle.
- ? - Tolkien takes a Second Class in exams and transfers from classics to English, with emphasis in philology, and formally studies Old Norse.
1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916