Revision as of 14:05, 15 May 2010 by Morgan
- 11 - German translator Walter Scherf is born.
- 22 - Voice acting legend Paul Frees, who would voice several characters in the Rankin/Bass movies, is born.
- 21 - Tolkien is appointed to Readership in English Language at the University of Leeds.
- 27 - William Conrad, voice actor who portrayed Denethor in Rankin/Bass' The Return of the King, is born.
- 10 - Victor Platt, who would voice Sam in The Lord of the Rings (1955 radio series), is born.
- 22 - Michael Tolkien, Tolkien's second son, is born.
- 30 - Norman Bird, who would voice Bilbo Baggins in Ralph Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- ? - The Book of Fairy Poetry is published.
1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923