Revision as of 20:47, 2 February 2011 by Morgan
- 22 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 8.
- ? - The Devil's Coach-Horses, an essay by J.R.R. Tolkien, is published.
- 21 - Tolkien submits his resignation from Leeds, his employment officially ended December 31, 1925.
- 29 - Paul Daneman, who would voice Bilbo Baggins in the 1968 radio series of The Hobbit, is born.
- ? - The edition of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight is published.
- ? - Tolkien moves from Leeds to Pembroke College of Oxford where he is elected Rawlinson and Bosworth Professor of Anglo-Saxon.
- ? - Tolkien's poem Light as Leaf on Lindentree is published.
- ? - The Flight of the Noldoli from Valinor is published.
- ? - The journal The Transactions of the Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion Session 1923-24, which includes an essay with a contribution by J.R.R. Tolkien as translator, is published.
- ? - Father Robert Murray, friend of J.R.R. Tolkien and his family, is born.
- ? - Brother Joseph Power, who encountered J.R.R. Tolkien in the 1950s, is born.
1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928