Revision as of 11:06, 20 June 2010 by Ederchil
- 4 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 9.
- 7 - At the request of his father, young Rayner Unwin writes a book report on Farmer Giles of Ham. This is the first of many positive critiques.
- 16 - Artist Klaus Ensikat is born.
- 17 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 10.
- 13 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 12.
- 20 - George Takei, who travelled the world as narrator of Johan de Meij's Symphony No. 1, "The Lord of the Rings", is born.
- 1 - Ian Hogg, who would voice Tom Bombadil in BBC's radio series of Tales from the Perilous Realm, is born.
- 5 - Alan Howard, the voice for the One Ring in Peter Jackson's The Fellowship of the Ring and The Return of the King, is born.
- 31 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 15.
- 21 - The Hobbit is published.
- 28 - Donald Gee, who would voice Radagast in 1981 radio series, is born.
- 3 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 16.
- 8 - C.S. Lewis reviews The Hobbit in The Times.
- 9 - Brian Blessed, who would play Farmer Giles in Tales from the Perilous Realm (1992 radio series), is born.
- 15 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 17.
- 16 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 19.
- 19 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 20.
- 23 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 18.
- 16-19 - Tolkien starts writing the first chapter of the "New Hobbit", which will later become The Lord of the Rings.
- 25 - Father Christmas writes a letter to J.R.R. Tolkien's children.
- ? - Tolkien submits The Father Christmas Letters and The Silmarillion for publication but they are rejected.
- ? - Author Jared Lobdell is born.
1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940