Revision as of 21:52, 11 June 2008 by Quidon88
- 7 - At the request of his father, young Rayner Unwin writes a book report on Farmer Giles of Ham. This is the first of many positive critiques.
- 5 - Alan Howard, the voice for the One Ring in Peter Jackson's The Fellowship of the Ring and The Return of the King, is born.
- 21 - The Hobbit is published.
- 28 - Donald Gee, who would voice Radagast in 1981 radio series, is born.
- ? - Tolkien writes the first chapter of the "New Hobbit" which will later become The Lord of the Rings.
- ? - Tolkien submits The Father Christmas Letters and The Silmarillion for publication but they are rejected.
- ? - Jared Lobdell born.
1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940