Revision as of 16:21, 2 January 2012 by Morgan
- 5 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 108.
- 19 - Author and scholar Colin Duriez is born.
- 28 - Rayner Unwin reports on the first version of The Fellowship of the Ring.
- 31 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 109.
- 20 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 110.
- 21 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 111.
- 26 - Actor Graham Faulkner is born.
- 4 - Essays Presented to Charles Williams, including "On Fairy-Stories", is published.
- 10 - Douglas C. Kenney, co-author of Bored of the Rings, is born.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien and S.R.T.O. d'Ardenne's essay "'iþþlen' in Sawles Warde" is published in English Studies.
- ? - The first translation of one of J.R.R. Tolkien's works, The Hobbit (as Hompen), is published.
- ? - Ruth S. Noel is born.
- ? - David Day is born.
- ? - Peter Kjærulff is born.
1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950