(Difference between revisions)
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 17:48, 24 May 2010
- ? - Wayne G. Hammond is born.
- 11 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 137.
- 15 - J.R.R. Tolkien gives the W.P. Ker Lecture at Glasgow University on the religious themes adultery, temptation and repentance in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
- 27 - Lorri Holt, who would provide the voice of Éowyn to The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (video game), is born.
- ? - Christopher Gilson, linguist, is born.
- 4 – J.R.R. Tolkien is angry over the fact that an editor at Allen and Unwin has corrected dwarves to dwarfs, elvish to elfish, further to farther, and worst of all, elven to elfin.
- 8 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 139.
- 17 - J.R.R. Tolkien agrees with Rayner Unwin on the book titles for his sequel to The Hobbit: they will be The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King.
- 9 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 141.
- ? - The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth, Beorhthelm's Son is first published.
- 23 - Composer Johan de Meij is born.
- 2 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 142.
- 5 - Christopher Guard, who would voice Frodo Baggins in Ralph Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings, is born.
1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956