Revision as of 12:25, 23 March 2011 by Mith
- ? - Wayne G. Hammond is born.
- 11 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 137.
- 15 - J.R.R. Tolkien gives the W.P. Ker Lecture at Glasgow University on the religious themes adultery, temptation and repentance in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
- 11 - Pearl, edited by E.V. Gordon and including a contribution by J.R.R. Tolkien, is published.
- 27 - Actress Lorri Holt is born.
- ? - Christopher Gilson, linguist, is born.
- 4 – J.R.R. Tolkien is angry over the fact that an editor at Allen and Unwin has corrected dwarves to dwarfs, elvish to elfish, further to farther, and worst of all, elven to elfin.
- 8 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 139.
- 17 - J.R.R. Tolkien agrees with Rayner Unwin on the book titles for his sequel to The Hobbit: they will be The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King.
- 4 - Actor Chris Fairbank is born.
- 9 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 141.
- ? - Essays and Studies 1953, including The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth, Beorhthelm's Son by J.R.R. Tolkien, is published.
- 2 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 142.
- 4 - An issue of the magazine Radio Times featuring an article by J.R.R. Tolkien, is published.
- 5 - Actor Christopher Guard is born.
- ? - German translator Hans-Ulrich Möhring is born.
- ? - Essais de philologie moderne (1951), including the essay "Middle English 'Losenger'" by J.R.R. Tolkien, is published.
1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956