Revision as of 18:48, 12 June 2010 by Morgan
- 14 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 180.
- 22 - The New York Times Book Review publishes W.H. Auden's review of The Return of the King: "At the End of the Quest, Victory".
- ? - Diana Glyer is born.
- 5 - Dan Wickenden gives a positive review of The Return of the King in the New York Herald Tribune titled "Notable Allegorical Trilogy Comes to Triumphant End".
- 13 - J.R.R. Tolkien receives a letter from a Sam Gamgee – from Tooting.
- 18 - Tolkien writes letter 184.
- 19 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 185.
- 3 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 188.
- 8 - Jim Piddock, who would voice Bilbo Baggins and Elrond in Vivendi's game The Fellowship of the Ring, is born.
- 11 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 189.
- 18 - Dominic Guard, who would voice Pippin in Ralph Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- 19 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 198.
- 3 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 190.
- 26 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 191.
- 27 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 192.
- 15 - Linguist Patrick H. Wynne is born.
- ? - Marquette University purchases Tolkien manuscripts for 1,500 pounds sterling.
- ? - Inger Edelfeldt, Swedish author and illustrator, is born.
1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959