Revision as of 21:56, 17 September 2010 by Morgan
- 4 - Author and linguist Arden R. Smith is born.
- 6 - A.R. Rahman, composer of The Lord of the Rings Musical, is born.
- 7 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 283.
- 7 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Roger Shaw.
- 10 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Timothy J. Wheeler.
- 11 - Robert Farquharson, who played Saruman and Denethor in The Lord of the Rings (1955 radio series), dies.
- ?2 - J.R.R. Tolkien is interviewed for the article "The Hobbit-forming World of J.R.R. Tolkien".
- 21 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to George Sayer.
- 30 - Marton Csokas, who would play Celeborn in The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy, is born.
- 2 - J.R.R. Tolkien is interviewed by William Cater.
- 10 - André Sogliuzzo, who would provide many voices for Tolkien-themed video games, is born.
- ? - The magazine Rally - August, 1966, with an essay on J.R.R. Tolkien by Jared Lobdell, is published.
- ? - The Tolkien Reader is published in the United States.
- 16 - Actress Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is born.
- 26 - Finding himself short of a speech subject, J.R.R. Tolkien reads Smith of Wootton Major to a room of about 800 people.
- 28 - Tolkien writes letter 290.
- ? - The article "Tolkien on Tolkien" is published in Diplomat.
1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969