Revision as of 20:41, 18 April 2010 by Morgan
- 2 - In honour of his 80th birthday the following day, The Sunday Times runs an interview of William Cater with J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Lord of the Legends".
- 3 - J.R.R. Tolkien celebrates his 80th birthday.
- 24 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 332.
- 30 - Voice actress Jennifer Hale, who would play Galadriel and Lobelia in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (video game), is born.
- 16 - Tolkien writes letter 333.
- 27 - Rayner Unwin organizes a party in celebration of J.R.R. Tolkien’s CBE the following day.
- 28 - At Buckingham Palace, J.R.R. Tolkien receives his CBE from Her Royal Highness, Queen Elisabeth II.
- 30 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 334.
- 18 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 335.
- 23 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 336.
- 25 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 337.
- 6 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 338.
- 7 - Karl Urban, who would play Éomer in Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- 30 - Mythcon III begins.
- 30 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 339.
- 4 - Mythcon III ends.
- 4 - Letter 339 is published in the Daily Telegraph.
- 11 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 340.
- 21 - Felix Felton, who played Bilbo Baggins, the Black Captain and Sauron in The Lord of the Rings (1955 radio series), dies.
- ? - Master of Middle-earth: The Fiction of J.R.R. Tolkien is published.
- 9 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 342.
- 21 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 343.
- 23 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 344.
- 30 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 345.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien returns to Oxford and rooms at Merton College.
- ? - Tolkien receives an honorary doctorate from Oxford University.
- ? - The Swedish Tolkien Society Forodrim is founded.
1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975