Revision as of 14:55, 9 June 2011 by Mith
- 2 - In honour of his 80th birthday the following day, The Sunday Times Magazine runs an interview of William Cater with J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Lord of the Legends".
- 3 - J.R.R. Tolkien celebrates his 80th birthday.
- 24 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 332.
- 30 - Actress Jennifer Hale is born.
- 6 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Vera Chapman and the Tolkien Society.
- 9 - Actor Crispin Freeman is born.
- 26 - Actor Keith Ferguson is born.
- 16 - Tolkien writes letter 333.
- 27 - Rayner Unwin organizes a party in celebration of J.R.R. Tolkien's CBE the following day.
- 28 - At Buckingham Palace, J.R.R. Tolkien is appointed a CBE by Queen Elizabeth II.
- 30 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 334.
- 18 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 335.
- 23 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 336.
- 25 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 337.
- 6 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 338.
- 30 - Mythcon III begins.
- 30 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 339.
- 4 - Mythcon III ends.
- 4 - Letter 339 is published in the Daily Telegraph.
- 11 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 340.
- 21 - Actor Felix Felton dies.
- ? - Master of Middle-earth: The Fiction of J.R.R. Tolkien is published.
- 9 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 342.
- 21 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 343.
- 23 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 344.
- 30 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 345.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien returns to Oxford and rooms at Merton College.
- ? - Tolkien receives an honorary doctorate from Oxford University.
- ? - The Swedish Tolkien Society Forodrim is founded.
- ? - Scholar Anne C. Petty presents her Ph.D. thesis The Creative Mythology of J.R.R. Tolkien: A Study of the Mythic Impulse.
1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975