Revision as of 14:39, 15 August 2010 by Aule the Smith
- 11 - Novelist and poet Naomi Mitchison dies.
- ? - CarolinaCon Regional MECCG Newsletter issue 4 is published.
- 7 - Tolkien: A Celebration: Collected Writings on a Literary Legacy is published.
- 2 Mythcon XXX ends.
- 24-26 - Oxonmoot 1999.
- ? - CarolinaCon Regional MECCG Newsletter issue 5 is published.
- 1 - Noel Johnson, who played Éomer in The Lord of the Rings (1955 radio series), dies.
- 4 - Poems from The Hobbit is published.
- 11 - Principal photography for The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy starts.
- 15 - Author Barbara Strachey dies in Oxford.
- ? - CarolinaCon Regional MECCG Newsletter issue 6 is published.
- ? - Other Hands 27 is published.
- ? - Root and Branch - Approaches towards Understanding Tolkien is published.
- ? - Tolkien Calendar 1999 is released.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien's The Silmarillion is published.
1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002