Revision as of 00:25, 2 July 2010 by Mithbot
Events which occurred on 29 September.
- 1940 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 39.
- 1968 - An Unexpected Party, the first episode of the 1968 radio series of The Hobbit, is aired on BBC Radio.
- 1969 - Artist Warren Mahy is born.
- 1973 - W.H. Auden, long time friend of J.R.R. Tolkien, dies.
- T.A. 3018:
- Frodo and his companions reach Bree at night. They stay at the Prancing Pony.
- Strider hides behind the hedge on the Road west of Bree and eavesdrops on "Mr. Underhill". In the inn Frodo arouses attention by his sudden disappearance whereupon Strider warns him to be more careful and reveals himself as being Gandalf's friend.
- Barliman Butterbur finally gives Frodo Gandalf's letter.
- Gandalf visits the Gaffer.
- Boromir travels towards Rivendell to ask for counsel.
- T.A. 3021: