Revision as of 14:44, 23 March 2018 by Tik
Events that occurred on 8 July.
 On Earth
- 1915 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes the poem The Shores of Elfland.
- 1963 - J.R.R. Tolkien's paper "English and Welsh" is published in Angles and Britons: O'Donnell Lectures.
- 1969 – J.R.R. Tolkien is diagnosed with an inflamed or diseased gall-bladder. Dr. Denis Tolhurst forbids him the consummation of fats (notably butter) and, even worse, alcohol.
- 1973 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Norman Power.
- 1999 - The first Tolkien Thing is held in Cologne.
- 2010 - Tolkien Calendar 2011 is published.