|Events||T.A. 2941: The eagles place Thorin and Company on top.|
The Carrock was a stony eyot in the upper reaches of the River Anduin, to the north of the Old Ford. The river looped around the rock although there was ford of stones to the eastern bank. At the base was a little cave with adjacent steps that led to a flat space upon the top.
Other Versions of the Legendarium
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "Map of Wilderland"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "Queer Lodgings"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 207
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, John D. Rateliff (ed.), The History of The Hobbit, Mr. Baggins, The Second Phase, "Medwed", note 12, p. 246