File talk:VunastiMamut - Estolad.jpg
Revision as of 12:06, 18 June 2015 by Mith
- Because I used this image as an inspiration for what I'm about to do. Besides, I was drunk. Woolly Mammoth 11:39, 18 June 2015 (UTC)
- Copyright of whom? This is just a photo that I'm about to edit. Woolly Mammoth 11:43, 18 June 2015 (UTC)
- The Internet is not some free-for-all where you can just take whatever you want without attribution; unless explicitly released with a licence allowing you to share/amend then you are infringing someone else's copyright. You can't edit images on Tolkien Gateway so why have you uploaded it?
- You can regard this as "Strike Two". Twice I have caught you uploading copyrighted images; both times you denied it until I provided proof. Tomorrow I will go through and check every single one of your images. Between now and then I suggest you confess to any other images you have taken from elsewhere without permission and "edited"; should I find any image that I believe infringes copyright then I will take further action. Is that clear? --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 11:51, 18 June 2015 (UTC)
- No - do you understand what I've just said? Wrecking someone else's image by flipping it and fiddling with the hue/saturation/contrast doesn't suddenly make it yours. This is copyright theft; this image will be deleted. What I now need is for you to recognise that this is unacceptable, and for you to take appropriate action against any other images you have uploaded which are also stolen from someone else. You and I both know you have uploaded images where you have done the same thing (stolen the image, fiddled with the contrast a bit, and claimed it as your own); you need to mark those images for deletion now. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 12:01, 18 June 2015 (UTC)