|Cover artist||Pauline Baynes|
|Publisher||The Tolkien Society|
|Printer||The Printed Word, Horsham, UK|
|Format||A4 stapled paperback, glossy|
|Preceded by||Mallorn 43|
|Followed by||Mallorn 45|
Mallorn 44 was the last issue to be published under the more academic format before the journal was revamped by the new editor, Henry Gee; as a result of the change of editor and format, Mallorn 45 wasn't published until Spring 2008, over 18 months later.
- Front Cover
- By: Pauline Baynes
- About the Tolkien Society
- By: Len Sanford
- "In the Shadow of the Tree: A study of the motif of the White Tree in the context of JRR Tolkien's Middle-earth"
- By: Michael Cunningham
- "Jewish influences in Middle-earth"
- By: Zak Cramer
- "Tolkien-on-sea: The view from the shores of Middle-earth"
- By: John Ellison
- "Swords and sky stones: Meteoric iron in The Silmarillion"
- By: Kristine Larsen
- "'Queer, exciting and debatable': Tolkien, and Shorthouse's John Inglesant"
- By: Dale Nelson
- "Frodo as Beowulf: Tolkien reshapes the Anglo-Saxon Heroic Ideal"
- By: Robert Goldberg
- Poetry: Jack-in-the-Green
- By: Anon
- Poetry: Not marching to the gates of Gondolin...
- By: Poinsetta Took
- "On Tom Bombadil: The function of Tom Bombadil"
- By: Klaus Jensen and Ruairidh MacDonald
- "'I have looked the last on that which is fairest': Elegy in Beowulf and Tolkien's Lothlorien"
- By: Leigh Smith
- "Aragorn: Tales of the heir of Isildur. Part 1 - the evolution of the man"
- By: Håken Arvidsson
- About the authors
- Back Cover: The Battle of Pelennor Fields
- By: Lorenzo Daniele
- Inside Art
- Mallorn, the large tree after which the journal is named
- List of Mallorn issues
- Mallorn cover art gallery
- Amon Hen, the bi-monthly bulletin of The Tolkien Society