Narqelion ("Autumn") is a poem written by J.R.R. Tolkien, being his first Elvish poem. The original manuscript has the dates of November 1915 to March 1916, which most likely refers to when it was composed.
- Four lines of the poem were badly transcribed by Humphrey Carpenter in J.R.R. Tolkien: A Biography.
- The complete poem was then published with an analysis by Paul Nolan Hyde in Mythlore 56 in 1988.
- The poem was then reprinted in Vinyar Tengwar, nr.6 and then in Vinyar Tengwar, nr.12 with translation by Paul Nolan Hyde and a synopsis by Jorge Quiñonez.
- Again it was published in 1990 in Parma Eldalamberon 9 (pp.6-32) with an exposition by Patrick H. Wynne and Christopher Gilson.
- Another publication was in Vinyar Tengwar, nr.40 with an analysis by Chris Gilson.
|Original||Translated by Chris Gilson|
From the elm-tree falling one by one