Nils Werenskiold (b. 8 October 1920) is a Norwegian author and translator. He was the first to translate J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings into Norwegian (norsk riksmål). The translation has been critized for being inaccurate, especially since it contains several changes made to the text.
- 1973: De sorte rytterne (The Fellowship of the Ring)
- 1974: De to tårnene (The Two Towers)
- 1975: Kongen kommer tilbake (The Return of the King)
- ↑ Roger Humphris, ""Om Werenskiolds Tolkien-oversettelse" (English: "On Werenskiold's Translation of Tolkien"), in Gandalf: Tidsskrift for fantasi, nr. 2, 1975, pp. 13-14
- ↑ Eilev Groven Myhren, "Ringdrotten og norsk språk" (English: "The Lord of the Rings and Norwegian Language"), in Språknytt nr. 3, 2007 (accessed 31 October 2010)