Revision as of 14:33, 10 July 2012 by KingAragorn
Portrayal in adaptations
1982-97: Middle-earth Role Playing:
- The unnamed Dwarven tribes were given invented names in an early supplement. While these were published before the publication of Tolkien's late note on the name of the Dwarven houses of the East, it has been suggested that the Stonefoots could correspond to Barin's Tribe (as portrayed in MERP).
- The House corresponding to the Stonefoots is called Vigdís's Folk, said to inhabit a stronghold in the far East of Middle-earth.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "Of Dwarves and Men", pp. 301, 322 (note 24)
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "Durin's Folk"
- ↑ R. Mark Colburn, Peter C. Fenlon, John D. Ruemmler, Terry K. Amthor, Jessica M. Ney (1989), Lords of Middle-earth Vol III: Hobbits, Dwarves, Ents, Orcs & Trolls (#8004)
- ↑ Thomas Morwinsky, "A Brief History of the Dwarven Mansions", in Other Minds issue 4 (July 2008)
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Chris Seeman (2003), Moria