The History of Middle-earth Index
Revision as of 10:29, 31 May 2015 by Sigurd
|The History of Middle-earth Index|
|Editor||Christopher Tolkien; compiled by Helen Armstrong|
|Released||5 August 2002|
|Series||The History of Middle-earth|
|Preceded by||The Peoples of Middle-earth|
 From the Publisher
Complete integrated indices of History of Middle-earth volumes to complement new series.For the first time every index from each of the twelve volumes of The History Of Middle-earth has been published together in a single volume – to create a supreme index charting the writing of Tolkien’s masterpieces The Lord of The Rings and The Silmarillion.This stunning work of reference complements the fascinating History of Middle-earth series, now repackaged to complement the distinctive and classic style of the ‘black cover’ A-format paperbacks of The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales.
- 2002: HarperCollins (paperback); ISBN 0007137435; cover illustration by John Howe.
- 2010: HarperCollins (4 March 2010, print-on-demand hardcover); ISBN 978-0-00-736537-1.
- The History of Middle-earth Index corrigenda by Morgan Thomsen (see also Palisor: Conceptual confusion)
- ↑ The History of Middle-earth (13) - Index at Amazon.co.uk (accessed 16 August 2011)
- ↑ Index at Tolkien.co.uk (accessed 16 August 2011)