Third Age 3021
Third Age 3021 (abbreviated to T.A. 3021) is the 3021st, and last, year of the Sun of the Third Age of Middle-earth. Third Age 3021 was also known as S.R. 1421 in Shire-reckoning. In the reckoning of Gondor the Fourth Age began on 25 March; unless otherwise stated, Tolkien Gateway follows Shire-reckoning in that Fourth Age 1 is equivalent to S.R. 1422.
Notable events in this year include:
- 13 - Frodo is again ill.
- 24 - The last day of the Third Age, according to the reckoning of Gondor.
- 25 - Sam's daughter Elanor is born. The beginning of the Fourth Age, according to the calendars of Gondor.
- 21 - Frodo and Sam set out from Hobbiton for the Grey Havens.
- 22 - Frodo and Sam meet the Last Riding of the Keepers in Woody End.
- 29 - Departure of the Ring-bearers for Valinor. This event is also said to mark the end of the Third Age.
 Within this Year
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Chief Days from the Fall of Barad-dûr to the End of the Third Age"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix D, "The Calendars"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The House of Eorl", "The Kings of the Mark", Third Line