Timeline of Aragorn
Revision as of 21:54, 28 December 2012 by 126.96.36.199
- March 1: Birth of Aragorn II
- Death of Aragorn's father Arathorn II. Aragorn's mother Gilraen takes him to Rivendell where Elrond accepts him as a foster-son and calls him Estel meaning "hope."
- June: Gandalf, Bilbo Baggins and Thorin and Company arrive at Rivendell. It is unknown whether they interact with 10-years old Aragorn.
- Aragorn learns his true name and ancestry from Elrond. He is given the shards of Narsil. Aragorn meets Arwen at Rivendell. He then embarks into the wild on many adventures.
- Aragorn meets Gandalf.
- Aragorn journeys throughout Middle-earth. He serves King Thengel of Rohan and Ecthelion II, Steward of Gondor.
- Aragorn defeats the Corsairs while in the service of Ecthelion. Aragorn meets Arwen in Lothlorien and they become betrothed on Midsummer's Eve.
- Aragorn begins the search for Gollum at the request of Gandalf.
- Spring: Death of Aragorn's mother Gilraen.
- Aragorn renews his hunt for Gollum.
- February 1: Aragorn captures Gollum in the Dead Marshes.
- March 21: Aragorn delivers Gollum to King Thranduil of Mirkwood to be held captive.
- May 1: Aragorn meets Gandalf at Sarn Ford and learns of Frodo's plan to leave the Shire in September.
- September 29: Aragorn meets Frodo Baggins in Bree.
- September 30: Aragorn leads the Hobbits out of Bree.
- October 6: Five Nazgûl attack the camp at Weathertop.
- October 13: Aragorn finds a token left by Glorfindel on the Last Bridge.
- October 20: Frodo escapes across the Ford of Bruinen to Rivendell; Aragorn and the others follow.
- October 25: The Council of Elrond; Aragorn shows the shards of Narsil and declares his intention to go to Minas Tirith.
- December 18: Aragorn joins the Company of the Ring.
- December 25: The Fellowship leaves Rivendell.
- January 11, 12: Blizzard on Caradhras.
- January 13: The Fellowship enters Moria against Aragorn's advice.
- January 15: Gandalf falls facing the Balrog; Aragorn leads the Fellowship out of Moria to the edge of Lothlorien.
- January 17: The Fellowship are greeted by Galadriel and Celeborn.
- February 16: The Fellowship leaves Lothlorien; Aragorn receives the Aragorn II.
- February 25: The Fellowship passes the Argonath.
- February 26: The Breaking of the Fellowship. Aragorn decides to follow the Uruk-hai who captured Merry and Pippin.
- February 30: The Three Hunters meet Éomer and then travel to the edge of Fangorn.
- March 1: The Three Hunters are reunited with Gandalf and set out for Meduseld.
- March 2: Gandalf and the Three Hunters arrive at Meduseld.
- March 3: The Rohirrim retreat to Helm's Deep and the Battle of the Hornburg begins.
- March 4: Aragorn rides out at dawn with King Théoden. The Huorns of Fangorn and Gandalf arrive and the battle is won.
- March 5: The Three Hunters are reunited with Merry and Pippin at Isengard. Aragorn takes possession of the palantir of Orthanc.
- March 6: Aragorn is met by the Dúnedain and Elrond's sons. He reveals himself to Sauron in the palantir and decides to take the Paths of the Dead.
- March 7: The Grey Company arrives at Dunharrow. Aragorn takes leave of Éowyn.
- March 8: The Grey Company takes the Paths of the Dead. At midnight, Aragorn summons the Oathbreakers at the Stone of Erech.
- March 9: Aragorn sets out from Erech and comes to Calembel.
- March 10: Aragorn, leading the Dead Men and the Grey Company, crosses the river Ringló.
- March 11: Aragorn reaches Linhir and crosses into Lebennin.
- March 12: Aragorn drives the enemy towards Pelargir.
- March 13: The Grey Company reaches Pelargir with the army of the Dead and they capture the Corsairs' fleet.
- March 14: Aragorn sails towards Minas Tirith
- March 15: Aragorn sails north and arrives at the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. After the battle he heals Faramir, Éowyn and Merry.
- March 16: The Captains of the West decide to march to the Black Gate.
- March 18: Aragorn leads the army of the West out of Minas Tirith.
- March 23: Aragorn sends those too frightened to proceed to retake Cair Andros.
- March 25: Aragorn commands the army of the West in the Battle of the Morannon. The Ring is destroyed and Sauron is defeated.
- April 8: The Ring-bearers are honored by Aragorn and the Host of the West at the Field of Cormallen.
- May 1: Aragorn is crowned King.
- June 25: Aragorn finds the sapling of the White Tree.
- Midsummer's Eve: Arwen arrives in Minas Tirith. Aragorn receives the Sceptre of Annúminas signifying the Kingship of Arnor from Elrond.
- Midsummer's Day: Wedding of Aragorn and Arwen.
- August 22: Aragorn bids farewell to the other members of the Fellowship.
- King Elessar makes the Shire a Free Land under the protection of the Northern Sceptre and forbids Men from entering it.
- King Elessar makes the Thain, the Master of Buckland, and the Mayor of Michel Delving Counsellors of the North-kingdom.
- King Elessar and Queen Arwen come north to dwell at Annuminas. They meet with Pippin, Merry and Sam at the Brandywine Bridge.
- King Elessar adds the Westmarch to the Shire.
- Death of King Elessar. He is succeeded by his son Eldarion.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found