Revision as of 20:41, 14 June 2012 by KingAragorn
Tolkien is an English name of Saxon origin. It can refer to the following people:
- J.R.R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973), author of The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion, among other works.
- Adam Tolkien (born 1969), the son of Christopher and Baillie Tolkien, who translated several of J.R.R. Tolkien's texts into French.
- Arthur Tolkien (1857 - 1896), husband of Mabel Tolkien and father of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Baillie Tolkien (born 1941), the second wife of Christopher Tolkien, and editor of The Father Christmas Letters.
- Christopher Tolkien (born 1924), J.R.R. Tolkien's third son and the editor of his posthumous publications. His editorial contributions include Unfinished Tales, The Silmarillion, and the twelve volumes of The History of Middle-earth.
- Edith Tolkien (1889 - 1971), wife of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Hilary Tolkien (1894 - 1976), younger brother of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- John Tolkien (1917 - 2003), eldest son of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- John Benjamin Tolkien (1807 - 1896), father of Arthur Tolkien and grandfather of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Mabel Tolkien (1870 - 1904), wife of Arthur Tolkien and mother of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Michael Tolkien (1920 - 1984), J.R.R. Tolkien's second son.
- Priscilla Tolkien (born 1929), J.R.R. Tolkien's daughter.
- Rachel Tolkien (born 1971), the daughter of Christopher and Baillie Tolkien.
- Royd Tolkien (born 1969), great-grandson of J.R.R. Tolkien, grandson of Michael Tolkien, and noted publisher.
- Simon Tolkien (born 1959), eldest son of Christopher Tolkien and an author in his own right.
- Tim Tolkien (born 1962), grandson of Hilary Tolkien and noted sculptor.