Tolkien Gateway:Community Portal
Revision as of 09:21, 8 March 2006 by 188.8.131.52
- Over 500 articles and a day later I've now completed the redirect pages. Searching or even making a Numenor link will redirect to the correct accented article.
- I'm still debating switching the main page to be simply a Search Page. I like the idea of having a simplistic Google-like look, but I think the lack of news/information on the main page might not be liked. What do you guys think?
- I think I've decided to go through every article that has an accent and create a non-accented redirect to it. Search results do not display the correct results for something like "Numenor" since there are technically accents on the word. Creating the redirects will allow someone to search for "Numenor" and simply be redirected to the correct page. I've whined to the MediaWiki staff about creating an extension but it's just going to be too much work to do it like Google and even Wikipedia uses the redirect idea.
- Congratulations everyone, we have now surpassed 10,000 edits!
- I've altered the left navigation menu to display only alphabetical links. The old links were not fully completed even though the articles were written. I think this way people will be able to see how large our database is more efficiently. What do you guys think? Feel free to post on the discussion page.
- Unfortunately the last couple days we've had some MySQL issues which has caused some downtime. This is not viewed lightly and we've done everyting possible to prevent anymore downtime in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Congratulations to everyone who has worked on the Encyclopedia, we have now surpassed over 100,000 views.
- We have founded our own Tolkien News website.
- A [http://tolkiengateway.net/w/index.php?title=Main_Page