Tolkien Studies: Volume 2
|Tolkien Studies: Volume 2|
|Editor||Douglas A. Anderson, Michael D.C. Drout, Verlyn Flieger|
|Publisher||West Virginia University|
Tolkien Studies: Volume 2 is the second volume of the journal Tolkien Studies.
Douglas A. Anderson's essay "J.R.R. Tolkien and W. Rhys Roberts's 'Gerald of Wales on the Survival of Welsh'" reprints J.R.R. Tolkien's contribution to Roberts's essay in The Transactions of the Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion together with commentary by Anderson (pp. 230-34).
- Editors' Introduction
- Conventions and Abbreviations
- Richard C. West: "'And She Named Her Own Name': Being True To One's Word in Tolkien's Middle-earth"
- Douglas A. Anderson: "West, Richard C. : A Checklist"
- Miryam Librán-Moreno: "Parallel Lives: The Sons of Denethor and the Sons of Telamon"
- Judy Ann Ford: "The White City: The Lord of the Rings as an Early Medieval Myth of the Restoration of the Roman Empire"
- Elizabeth Massa Hoiem: "World Creation as Colonization, British Imperialism in 'Aldarion and Erendis'"
- Margaret Sinex: "'Tricksy Lights': Literary and Folkloric Elements in Tolkien's Passage of the Dead Marshes"
- Patchen Mortimer: "Tolkien and Modernism"
- John Houghton and Neal K. Keesee: "Tolkien, King Alfred, and Boethius, Platonist Views of Evil in The Lord Of The Rings"
- Kristine Larsen: "A Definitive Identification of Tolkien's 'Borgil', An Astronomical and Literary Approach"
- Linda Greenwood: "Love: 'The Gift of Death'"
- Michael J. Brisbois: "Tolkien's Imaginary Nature: An Analysis of the Structure of Middle-earth"
- Douglas A. Anderson: "Obituary, Humphrey Carpenter (1946-2005)"
- Beth Russell: "The Birthplace of J. R. R. Tolkien"
- Douglas A. Anderson: "J.R.R. Tolkien and W. Rhys Roberts's 'Gerald of Wales on the Survival of Welsh'"
- Sandra Ballif Straubhaar: "Gilraen's Linnod: Function, Genre, Prototypes"
- Dale Nelson: "Little Nell and Frodo the Halfling"
- Addenda and Corrigenda to the 2001-2002 Tolkien Studies Bibliography
- David Bratman: "The Years' Work in Tolkien Studies 2001-2002"
- Michael D.C. Drout, Melissa Smith-MacDonald: "Bibliography (in English) for 2003"
|Tolkien Studies volumes|
| Volume 1 · Volume 2 · Volume 3 · Volume 4 · Volume 5 · Volume 6 · Volume 7 |
Volume 8 · Volume 9 · Volume 10 · Volume 11 · Volume 12 · Volume 13 · Volume 14