Tolkien Studies: Volume 6
Revision as of 16:42, 7 August 2012 by KingAragorn
|Tolkien Studies: Volume 6|
|Editor||Douglas A. Anderson, Michael D.C. Drout, Verlyn Flieger|
|Publisher||West Virginia University|
Tolkien Studies: Volume 6 is the sixth volume of the journal Tolkien Studies.
- Editors' Introduction
- In Memoriam: Pauline Baynes and Derek Brewer
- Conventions and Abbreviations
- John D. Rateliff: "'A Kind of Elvish Craft': Tolkien as Literary Craftsman"
- Douglas A. Anderson: "John D. Rateliff: A Checklist"
- Ármann Jakobsson: "A Talk to the Dragon: Tolkien as Translator"
- Jill Fitzgerald: "'Clerkes Compleinte': Tolkien and the Division of Lit. and Lang."
- Stefan Ekman: "Echoes of Pearl in Arda's Landscape"
- Judy Ann Ford and Robin Anne Reid: "Councils and Kings: Aragorn's Journey Towards Kingship in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings and Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings"
- Cynthia M. Cohen: "The Unique Representation of Trees in The Lord of the Rings"
- Josh Long: "Clinamen, Tessera, and the Anxiety of Influence: Swerving from and Completing George MacDonald"
- Verlyn Flieger: "The Music and the Task: Fate and Free Will in Middle-earth"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Edited by Carl F. Hostetter: "Fate and Free Will"
- Stuart D. Lee: "J.R.R. Tolkien and The Wanderer: From Edition to Application"
- Christopher Gilson: "Essence of Elvish: The Basic Vocabulary of Quenya"
- Compiled by Douglas A. Anderson: Book Reviews
- David Bratman: The Year's Work in Tolkien Studies
- Jason Rea, Kathryn Paar, and Michael D.C. Drout: Bibliography (in English) for 2007
- Notes on Contributors
|Tolkien Studies volumes|
|Volume 1 · Volume 2 · Volume 3 · Volume 4 · Volume 5 · Volume 6 · Volume 7 · Volume 8 · Volume 9 · Volume 10 · Volume 11 · Volume 12|