|Position||Administrator, Dates Project Supervisor, Community Manager|
|Eye colour||Dark brown|
|Talk page||User talk:Mith|
- "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
- ― Gandalf to Frodo in The Fellowship of the Ring, "The Shadow of the Past"
I'm Mith and I'm a 22-year-old tolkienist/tolkienologist/Tolkien-enthusiast (whichever you like) from Sussex in the UK, and I am an administrator, community manager, and dates supervisor here on the Tolkien Gateway (TG). I have graduated with a BA in Politics from the University of Sussex, and hope to find a job in Westminster soon. I have been a member of this website and community for about four years now - although I was aware of it for some time before them - and although my contributions are only modest, I hope they go some way to making this wiki the best online Tolkien resource.
The name Mith is a contraction of the name Mithrandir (the Sindarin name for Gandalf) which is the name I've used for myself on many Tolkien websites over the last eight years. I would, like other members, use the Quenya translation of my name (Erufailon), but I personally think it's a bit ugly, and everyone knows me as Mith anyway!
When I'm not here, I enjoy learning about everything in general (I'm a hoarder of useless information), but in particular I really like learning about language (in particular, English history, etymologies of words, etc.), politics (especially British government and politics), and British history. I'm also an avid fan of Nintendo, going to the cinema, and eating!
Current and Future Projects
- Template for web citations (former Template:Hfd)
- Audiobook infobox
- LOTRO infobox
- Who; what?; when?; where? link etc.
- Redlink template
- Timeline and years:- On hold due to need for Extended ParserFunctions
- Work on Durin's Folk
- To further, and expand, the articles on the
Arnorian andGondorian Kings
- Re-visit the Kings of Arnor as the bar I set for myself is now higher
- Creating templates for articles (along the lines of previous ones like this - see my my sandbox for some in progress)
- Locations (especially those of The Shire)
- Hobbits (continue with Tooks first)
- Constellations, cosmology and astronomy
- Anything map/map-related
- Songs and poems
- Forum:TG Advent: 30 Improved pages for the New Year
Sorting out the mess that is disambiguation
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
- Policy and Help
- Arda Structural Format
- New skins for TG
- Generally tidying and minor edits
Character: Gandalf (following very closely by Fingolfin)
Location: Gondolin (followed by Tirion)
Quote: see the top of the page
Book: The Book of Lost Tales (forget, The Children of Húrin, this should be edited and released in a separate book)
Chapter: Not strictly chapters, but, the Ainulindalë and the Valaquenta (in The Lord of the Rings I'm rather keen on "The Council of Elrond" and "The Grey Havens")
Era: First Age
Film Scenes: "The Council of Elrond", "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm" and "The Lighting of the Beacons"
- My Talk Page
- My Contributions
- My Collection
- My Sandbox
- My Second Sandbox
- My Signature (if you want one of your own, see Help:Signatures)
- User:Mithbot, my bot for automatic editing of repetitive and tedious tasks