Revision as of 21:12, 18 February 2012 by Morgan
This article is in the early stages of construction and should not be viewed as complete, or even close to being finished.
|Born||February 21, 1907|
|Died||September 29, 1973|
|Education||M.A. English language and literature, Christ Church, Oxford|
- "I am [...] very deeply in Auden's debt in recent years. His support of me and interest in my work has been one of my chief encouragements. He gave me very good reviews, notices and letters from the beginning when it was by no means a popular thing to do. He was, in fact, sneered at for it."
- ― J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter 327
- 1954: The New York Times, October 31
- 1956: The New York Times, January 22
- 1962: English and Medieval Studies Presented to J.R.R. Tolkien on the Occasion of his Seventieth Birthday
- 1962: The Texas Quarterly IV
- "The Quest Hero" (reprinted in Tolkien and the Critics: Essays on J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings (1968) and Understanding The Lord of the Rings: The Best of Tolkien Criticism (2004))
- 1968: Critical Quarterly, Volume 10, Issue 1-2, pp.138-142.
- "For W.H.A." (poem by J.R.R. Tolkien)