Za Frûmi is a Swedish music group that was formed in 2000. The Group creates dark, fantasy inspired music.
Za Frûmi came about in 2000 and was formed by Simon Heath, Donald Persson, Simon Kölle; Donald Persson left in 2001. This kind of fantasy/dark waves/neo folk music, the Za Frûmi project, has never been tried before. The band is on the Waerloga records label, along with their other side project, Abnocto.
Za Frûmi has two different branches with three CDs; one was released in the first and two in the second. The first branch is called The Za Frûmi saga and is inspired by Orcs and their language. It's almost possible to say that this branch is radio theatre with music, but the music is very important. Deep flutes, great drums, and ambient sound effects and neo folk music could be heard. The lyrics are in pseudo-Black Speech.
The other branch is called Za Frûmi Legends and is 100% instrumental fantasy inspired music. The group released two albums in this branch. The first one is more general for the genre with Dwarven wars, music from an Inn, trollish woods, haunted castles and cults. The second CD is inspired by two vampires.
The band can be heard on several compilations and the band has received tributes and been praised in the media all over the world, Wired magazine is one example.
- Simon Kölle (Abnocto, Musterion)
- Simon Heath (Abnocto, Atrium Carceri, Knaprika)
- Donald Persson (Za Shum Ushatar Uglakh and Tach - Chapter 2) left in 2002
The Za Frûmi saga
- Za Shum Ushatar Uglakh 2000, Tarki records and later on re released on Waerloga records)
- Tach (2001, Waerloga records)
- Shrak Ishi za Migul (2007, Waerloga records)
Za Frûmi Legends
- Legends Act 1 (2002, Waerloga records)
- Legends Act 2 - Vampires (2004, Waerloga record])
- Legends Act 3 - Cults (2008, Waerloga records)
- Legends Act 4 - Orders (2008, Waerloga records)
- A Tribute to Uglakh (2005, Waerloga records)