Forum:More infoboxesWoolly Mammoth 17:43, 11 May 2015 (UTC) I am proposing an idea that beings that can't be really shoehorned in any particular category should have their own infobox - "Uncategorized" - I propose that this category should include, for example: Tom Bombadil (an obvious example), Goldberry, Aerandir, Erellont, Falathar, Huan, Eagles (maybe), etc.; even Ilúvatar could fall under that category. So...what about the proposal?
- Sure, it's a good idea.--Morgan 18:26, 11 May 2015 (UTC)
- Woolly Mammoth 02:29, 12 May 2015 (UTC) And what about the "evil" infobox? Sure, Morgoth, Sauron, etc. weren't what you would call good guys, but to me it seems redundant. Why isn't Saruman then in the evil infobox, or Gollum, or Glaurung, or Maeglin, etc.
- Like I said, there should be an infobox also for beings of unknown origin.
- Gollum doesnt really belong in the evil category, as he is only half evil (I mean, have u seen how he talks to himself?) plus, it is really Sauron's ring that has transformed him into... whatever he is. He is pitied, and is never really though of as evil, just a miserable creature. Personally, I believe Gollum is sort of being forced along by the ring. Saurman, on the other hand, comes willingly and is probably the worst traitor in the book. He definitely belongs in the evil category (be careful about this though, as he was not always a traitor, and was once well trusted, and was a powerful figure that stood against Sauron).
- P.S. Should we make a separate catagory for those changed by rings? Ex:Gollom, Ringwraths, Frodo, Bilbo, Galadriel, and so on? Arya
- "...nothing is evil in the beginning, even Sauron was not so." - Elrond
- It was not my point to allude that Gollum should find himself in the "evil" infobox. I was making an argument about deleting it altogether. And trust me, Gollum is no worthier of pity then Saruman is. Woolly Mammoth 08:26, 16 May 2015 (UTC)
- It's not that he was worthy of anyone's pity, moreover that people pitied him because he was a wretched creature. I get it though. Should we just rename the info box "currently evil beings" or something though? Arya