Linguaphone Conversational Course
Linguaphone Conversational Course is an English language course originally released in 1930 as a set of 78 rpm records by the Linguaphone Institute of London. J.R.R. Tolkien read parts of Lesson 20 "At the Tobacconist's" and Lesson 30 "Wireless", which is the earliest known recording of his voice. Tolkien made the recording in July 1929.
- At the Tobacconist's (Tolkien reads the introduction and plays one of the two roles)
- Wireless (Tolkien is one of the two readers)
- Linguaphone (company) at Wikipedia
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: II. Reader's Guide, p. 822
- ↑ "Addenda and Corrigenda to The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide (2006) Vol. 1: Chronology" , Hammond&Scull.com (accessed 18 February 2012)