This article or section needs to be cleaned up to conform to a higher standard of article quality.
This article or section needs more/new/more-detailed sources to conform to a higher standard and to provide proof for claims made.
|Other names||Lobelia Bracegirdle|
Bag End, Hobbiton
|Birth||S.R. 1318 |
|Death||S.R. 1420 (aged 102)|
|Parentage||Blanco Bracegirdle and Primrose Boffin|
Her envy of Bag End was well-known, she could not wait to inherit it, and was furious when Bilbo made Frodo his heir. However, when Frodo left for Crickhollow he sold Bag End to Lobelia, but unfortunately Otho had died by then.
During the War of the Ring, Lobelia was imprisoned in Lockholes for arguing with the Chief's Men, and attacking one of them with an umbrella. When she came out, Lobelia was popular for the first time for bravely standing up to the Saruman's Men. However, she was crushed to find out her son had died whilst she was in prison.
After the War of the Ring, Lobelia returned to her home village of Hardbottle to live with the other Bracegirdles, giving Bag End to Frodo. When she died, she gave her money to Frodo to be used to help hobbits left homeless by Saruman and her son.
 Portrayal in Adaptations
|Lobelia in adaptations|
- Lobelia appears in Bywater. Frodo has to give her the Bag End Deed as one of the first missions. When Frodo approaches her she insists he first warn Robin Smallburrow of the wolves in the Shire by ringing the warning bell. Frodo does so, before presenting an exhilirated Lobelia with the Bag End Deed.
She is voiced by Jennifer Hale.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "Baggins of Hobbiton"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "The Return Journey"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "A Part of the Shire" map
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Grey Havens"
- ↑ Jim Allan, An Introduction to Elvish, "Giving of Names" p.195