Mid-year's Day is the middle day of the year that roughly corresponds with the summer solstice or Midsummer.
In the context of the Shire-reckoning, the middle day is the second of the Lithedays, falling between 1 Lithe and 2 Lithe. In the Shire, every seventh Mid-year's Day, the Free Fair is held on the White Downs.
Events that occurred on Mid-year's Day:
- F.A. 498
- Túrin weds Níniel in Brethil.
- T.A. 2778 (circa)
- Thrór draws his Map
- T.A. 2941
- Thorin and Company depart from Rivendell.
- T.A. 3013
- A Free Fair is held on the White Downs, at which Will Whitfoot is elected (or re-elected) to the post of Mayor of Michel Delving.
- T.A. 3018
- Gandalf leaves a letter to Barliman Butterbur to be sent to Frodo, and tells him to expect a Mr. Underhill. Gandalf leaves for Orthanc, Barliman forgets to mail the letter.
- T.A. 3019
- Wedding of Aragorn II and Arwen.
- T.A. 3020
- Frodo resigns office of Deputy Mayor and Will Whitfoot is restored as a mayor
- Fo.A. 6
- Will Whitfoot resigns as Mayor of Michel Delving, and Samwise Gamgee is elected in his place.
- Fo.A. 55
- At the Free Fair on the White Downs, Samwise Gamgee resigns as Mayor of the Shire.
- Fo.A. 61
- Death of Rose Cotton, the wife of Samwise Gamgee.