Reno E. Lauro
Reno E. Lauro is a researcher and independent scholar. His unpublished PhD thesis from the University of St Andrews was on Mythopoeia. His work makes connections between Tolkien, the medieval aesthetics of light, and the philosophy of Martin Heidegger. He runs the substack page Tolkien's House of Being since 2019, and its associated Facebook page.
- 2006: J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: Scholarship and Critical Assessment
- "Poems by Tolkien: The History of Middle-earth"
- 2008: The Mirror Crack'd: Fear and Horror in J.R.R. Tolkien's Major Works
- "Of Spiders and Light: Hope, Action and Medieval Aesthetics in the horrors of Shelob's Lair"
- February 24, 2006, University of St Andrews
- "Panning the Semantic Trace: language, imagination and reality in the works of Owen Barfield & J.R.R. Tolkien"
- March 1, 2008, Dallas Baptist University
- "Magic, Craft and Poïesis: Modes of Imaginative Resistance and Revealing in J.R.R. Tolkien and Martin Heidegger"
- Reno E. Lauro at Academia.edu
- Tolkien's House of Being
- Thesis Submitted for the Degree of PhD at the University of St. Andrews
- ↑ Reno E. Lauro, "Beyond the colonization of human imagining and everyday life: crafting mythopoeic lifeworlds as a theological response to hyperreality" dated 30 November 2012, St Andrews Research Repository (accessed 9 December 2019)