|Education||Oxford, University of Liège|
Simonne Rosalie Thérèse Odile d'Ardenne (1899-1986; S.R.T.O. or sometimes S.T.R.O.) was a Belgian medieval philologist who studied Middle English with J.R.R. Tolkien during the 1930s, and became Professor of Comparative Grammar at the University of Liège in 1938.
D'Ardenne became a close friend of the Tolkien family, and J.R.R. visited her in Belgium in the 1950s.
- 1947: English Studies Vol. 27, No. 6
- "'Iþþlen' in Sawles Warde" (S.R.T.O. d'Ardenne, J.R.R. Tolkien)
- 1948: Studia Neophilologica Vol. 20, Nos. 1-2
- MS. Bodley 34: A Re-Collation of a Collation" (S.R.T.O. d'Ardenne, J.R.R. Tolkien)
- 1962: English and Medieval Studies Presented to J.R.R. Tolkien on the Occasion of his Seventieth Birthday
- "A Neglected Manuscript of British History"
- 1979: J.R.R. Tolkien: Scholar and Storyteller
- "The Man and the Scholar - A reminiscence" (as S.T.R.O. d'Ardenne)