Talk:John Boorman's The Lord of the Rings
This thing sounds even more horrendous than what PJ did. --Ted C 12:09, 16 November 2006 (EST)
- Click the link for the onering forum discussion. Go to the third page of the thread. It's down near the bottom. A post with a thorough recounting. You'll be amazed. --Narfil Palùrfalas 14:51, 16 November 2006 (EST)
Reading... the very ideas being thrown out there are just... so... I'm not sure if there's a word... Abysmal? Horrifying? Demeaning? Evil? Abusive?
Ick! --Ted C 16:12, 16 November 2006 (EST)
- I actually thought it was hilarious. I mean, I'm certainly glad the project never saw the light of day, but it's so ridiculous it parodies itself. —Tar-Telperien 19:17, 16 November 2006 (EST)
- It's easy to look back and laugh, now, but -- knowing how much grief some of us give PJ today -- can you imagine the screaming if this had actually been made? --Ted C 09:22, 20 November 2006 (EST)
- "how much grief PJ gave some of us", rather.. Rog 16:03, 20 November 2006 (EST)
Well! I suppose that puts things cinematic in perspective- Boorman was obviously determined to live up (or down) to his name (just as PJ managed to be bungling and demonstrably clueless) —Unsigned comment by Bregalad67 (talk • contribs).
-(Sigurd 20:38, 9 September 2014 (UTC))
- I assure you this is far less than a book chapter.Fair use applies to this quote. But the decision of what is Fair Use for TolkienGateway is based on the adm judgments. -(Sigurd 21:00, 9 September 2014 (UTC))
If this is your decision and other adm what would be "a substantial amount of content". There is not I can do since Im not administrator here. -(Sigurd 15:57, 15 September 2014 (UTC))
- I don't now about Fair Use, but having to read a whole excerpt as a description of something, is tiring and difficult to read in an encyclopedic article. We should write a paraphased summary of the whole excerpt, incorporated in the main article. Sage 18:50, 15 September 2014 (UTC)