Tolkien Gateway

Tolkien Gateway:Meetings/27 June 2010/Transcript

[2010-06-27 20:14:32] <Hyarion> I suppose we should get started anyway.
[2010-06-27 20:14:39] <Mithrennaith> Y
[2010-06-27 20:14:44] <KingAragorn> ero
[2010-06-27 20:14:47] <KingAragorn> back
[2010-06-27 20:14:48] <Amroth> okey
[2010-06-27 20:14:56] -->| mib_7rsnh0 (55e3d6e8@TG-486CBC8.mibbit.com) has joined #Wiki
[2010-06-27 20:15:05] |<-- mib_7rsnh0 has left irc.tolkiengateway.net (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[2010-06-27 20:15:24] <Hyarion> Sage, are you here?
[2010-06-27 20:15:37] -->| Morgan2 (55e3d6e8@TG-486CBC8.mibbit.com) has joined #Wiki
[2010-06-27 20:15:42] <Hyarion> hi there Morgan
[2010-06-27 20:15:46] <Hyarion> glad you could make it.
[2010-06-27 20:15:47] <KingAragorn> huzzar!
[2010-06-27 20:15:50] <Mith> Aloha!
[2010-06-27 20:15:53] <Mith> We're all here.
[2010-06-27 20:15:55] <Amroth> hi
[2010-06-27 20:16:08] <Morgan2> Hi! Sorry - first time to connect via IRC - has some problems
[2010-06-27 20:16:14] <Morgan2> had
[2010-06-27 20:16:25] <Hyarion> nice to have you here :)
[2010-06-27 20:16:32] <Sage> i am listening :)
[2010-06-27 20:16:35] <Mithrennaith> hi Morgan
[2010-06-27 20:16:39] <Hyarion> Well, I think all the important people here now :)
[2010-06-27 20:16:44] <Morgan2> hi all!
[2010-06-27 20:16:45] <Hyarion> Should we get started?
[2010-06-27 20:16:51] <Mith> Let's!
[2010-06-27 20:16:52] <KingAragorn> please
[2010-06-27 20:16:54] <Morgan2> +1
[2010-06-27 20:17:00] <Amroth> yes, please
[2010-06-27 20:17:10] <Mithrennaith> +1
[2010-06-27 20:17:16] <Hyarion> KingAragorn did a great job of organizing the meeting subjects, so I'm just going to go down the list:
[2010-06-27 20:17:22] <Hyarion> The future of Tolkien Gateway, what do we do to secure it's future?
[2010-06-27 20:17:41] <Mith> its*
[2010-06-27 20:17:52] <Sage> like, migration?
[2010-06-27 20:17:54] <KingAragorn> meh
[2010-06-27 20:18:04] <KingAragorn> hang on that's the talk page
[2010-06-27 20:18:11] <Hyarion> This was partially discussed on this page: http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Forum:The_future_of_Tolkien_Gateway
[2010-06-27 20:18:18] <Ederchil> yes
[2010-06-27 20:18:19] <KingAragorn> the first item is Server Issues
[2010-06-27 20:18:20] <Hyarion> whoops
[2010-06-27 20:18:50] <Mithrennaith> Lets start with the server issues then.
[2010-06-27 20:19:01] <Hyarion> I take the first subject back: Server Issues is our first topic.
[2010-06-27 20:19:17] <Morgan2> :-)
[2010-06-27 20:19:22] <Sage> what are the options?
[2010-06-27 20:19:29] <Sage> and offers?
[2010-06-27 20:20:00] <Hyarion> I've grown tired of our shared host so we'll be migrating to our own virtual private server in 'the cloud' in the coming weeks. It's more expensive but at least we won't have this abysmal slowness and errors.
[2010-06-27 20:20:14] <Amroth> okay
[2010-06-27 20:20:19] <Amroth> that's nice
[2010-06-27 20:20:25] <KingAragorn> cool, not too much more expensive I hope?
[2010-06-27 20:20:31] <Amroth> except that's more expensive
[2010-06-27 20:20:51] <Hyarion> nah, I think now we're paying ~$7/month and the new host varies anywhere from $20-$30/month
[2010-06-27 20:21:07] <Morgan2> Do you need financial help? I would be willing to help with a smaller monthly fee (though I understand it wouldn't be possible for everyone)
[2010-06-27 20:21:22] <Mith> Would you like donations?
[2010-06-27 20:21:26] <Mithrennaith> What are you (we) getting for that?
[2010-06-27 20:21:39] <KingAragorn> you could set up a paypal account for anyone to make contributions
[2010-06-27 20:21:41] <Morgan2> Tolkien Gateway :-)
[2010-06-27 20:21:45] <Hyarion> Morgan, I appreciate your help, but I can handle it no problem, it's the least I can do.
[2010-06-27 20:22:01] <KingAragorn> oh ok, that's great
[2010-06-27 20:22:05] <Morgan2> Paypal is a good option
[2010-06-27 20:22:16] <KingAragorn> so this will fix the 500 Internal Server Issue?
[2010-06-27 20:22:18] <Mithrennaith> No, i mean, what is TG getting in service, capacity etc. for $20~30 a month
[2010-06-27 20:22:21] <Hyarion> Once we setup a paypal then I think it becomes easier for people to say we're making a profit from the site.
[2010-06-27 20:22:24] <Hyarion> KingAragorn, yes.
[2010-06-27 20:22:31] <Morgan2> Ah, okey
[2010-06-27 20:22:45] <Mith> Will this mean we can use familytrees again?
[2010-06-27 20:22:48] <Morgan2> But doesn't Wikipedia have a paypal..?
[2010-06-27 20:22:53] <KingAragorn> well lots of sites ask for donations - I don't see that as commercial
[2010-06-27 20:23:03] <Mithrennaith> agree
[2010-06-27 20:23:10] <Amroth> doesn't we have family trees, then?
[2010-06-27 20:23:26] <Ederchil> the template's too big
[2010-06-27 20:23:36] <Mith> Well, we're officially supposed to refrain from using Template:familytree although I do it (naughtily) sometimes.
[2010-06-27 20:23:48] <Ederchil> we are?
[2010-06-27 20:23:49] <Hyarion> Mithrennaith, what I've been looking at this weekend is through Rackspace; 256mb of dedicated RAM, 10gb of disk space for $10.95 and bandwidth is an additional 22 cents out / 8 cents in.
[2010-06-27 20:24:06] <Mith> (Usually when I'm replacing an existing one.)
[2010-06-27 20:24:34] <Mith> That's what Hyarion said at some meeting a long time ago, I think
[2010-06-27 20:24:41] <Mithrennaith> thanks, Hyarion
[2010-06-27 20:24:42] <Mith> No new familytrees, was that right?
[2010-06-27 20:25:06] <Hyarion> Yea, at least on the current server that seems to overload it, but once we migrate we'll try it out again and hopefully it should work fine.
[2010-06-27 20:25:14] <Mith> Although, they only seem to cause a problem when they're of a certain depth.
[2010-06-27 20:25:23] <Mith> I'm looking forward to that: I love familytrees!
[2010-06-27 20:25:25] <Amroth> hopeyly
[2010-06-27 20:25:32] <Amroth> me loves them too
[2010-06-27 20:25:58] <Mith> So, when will the migration be done?
[2010-06-27 20:26:01] <Amroth> I once made one for the complete House of Bëor
[2010-06-27 20:26:14] <KingAragorn> also the 'maximum user limit reached' will not happen?
[2010-06-27 20:26:21] <Mithrennaith> I've just been reshuffling some familytrees on Ardapedia because of the design relaunch
[2010-06-27 20:26:45] <Morgan2> you guys love family trees ;-)
[2010-06-27 20:26:56] <Hyarion> Mith, well I think I've settled on a host this weekend, so I will probably setup the server and configure everything next weekend, and we may not be able to move everything until the weekend after that.
[2010-06-27 20:27:11] <Mithrennaith> Don’t know whether their chart-template is anything like our familytree. I think so, though
[2010-06-27 20:27:49] <Hyarion> Mithrennaith, the Ardapedia design looks great by the way.
[2010-06-27 20:27:57] <Mith> I was just about to say that
[2010-06-27 20:28:15] <Mithrennaith> Yes. I was thinking whether the hosting we get in the Netherlands for Unquendor is any cheaper, but the problem with comparing is the amount of traffic TG is getting.
[2010-06-27 20:28:16] <Mith> It's really very nice; a big improvement on the previous design
[2010-06-27 20:28:48] <Mithrennaith> Well, Ardapedia design has got nothing to do with me, I'm just an intermittent editor there -
[2010-06-27 20:29:00] <Morgan2> Hyarion: Do you have any stats on the amount of traffic TG experiences?
[2010-06-27 20:29:06] <Mithrennaith> -actually, I visit the HdRF forum more often.
[2010-06-27 20:29:20] <Hyarion> sure, would you like to know the unique visitors or the technical bandwidth?
[2010-06-27 20:29:37] <Morgan2> Well...yes! :-)
[2010-06-27 20:29:43] <Mithrennaith> tech bandwidth, I'd say
[2010-06-27 20:30:20] <Mith> Both
[2010-06-27 20:30:21] <Mithrennaith> But Morgan might be more interested in visitors.
[2010-06-27 20:30:26] <Hyarion> Unique visitors is anywhere from 30-60,000 per month which equates to somewhere between 30-60 gigabytes in bandwidth
[2010-06-27 20:30:30] <Morgan2> That's true
[2010-06-27 20:30:53] <Morgan2> Hm, quite a lor
[2010-06-27 20:30:56] <Morgan2> lot
[2010-06-27 20:31:06] <Mithrennaith> yes, it is
[2010-06-27 20:31:26] <Mithrennaith> Rather more than Unquendor, I'ld say.
[2010-06-27 20:31:45] <KingAragorn> ok, the first topic seems to have been tackled, let's move on to next - related - topic
[2010-06-27 20:31:53] <Morgan2> Agree
[2010-06-27 20:31:54] <Mithrennaith> agree
[2010-06-27 20:32:12] <Ederchil> agree
[2010-06-27 20:32:27] <KingAragorn> so the future is pretty much secure with the change in servers
[2010-06-27 20:32:42] <KingAragorn> we need to discuss the need for more admins/bureaucrats/any-other-usergroups
[2010-06-27 20:32:46] <Amroth> I hope so
[2010-06-27 20:33:16] <KingAragorn> I think Ederchil should be a bureaucrat
[2010-06-27 20:33:24] <Mithrennaith> I support that
[2010-06-27 20:33:29] <Sage> at least one bureaucrat :P
[2010-06-27 20:33:30] <Sage> me too
[2010-06-27 20:33:34] <Morgan2> +1
[2010-06-27 20:33:44] <Mith> And I.
[2010-06-27 20:33:51] <Ederchil> or Hyarion can just change bot status for MithBot...
[2010-06-27 20:33:58] <KingAragorn> and with two bureaucrats (Hyarion and Ederchil) we should have maybe 2 more sysops
[2010-06-27 20:34:10] <KingAragorn> oh yeah, can't forget MithBot
[2010-06-27 20:34:18] <Amroth> i agree
[2010-06-27 20:34:19] <Mithrennaith> Yes, well, those things will keep cropping up (like MithBot, I mean)
[2010-06-27 20:34:21] <Mith> I forgot about Mithbot!
[2010-06-27 20:34:29] <Ederchil> one or two, preferably, in case we go awol
[2010-06-27 20:34:32] <Amroth> what's a mithbot?
[2010-06-27 20:34:41] <Mith> Amroth, it's my bot
[2010-06-27 20:34:53] <Mith> It does automatic edits
[2010-06-27 20:34:54] <Ederchil> who is currently not really a bot
[2010-06-27 20:35:02] <Morgan2> hehe :-=
[2010-06-27 20:35:12] <Amroth> ow okay
[2010-06-27 20:35:14] <Ederchil> if it's in the bot-user group, you can ignore it on recent changes
[2010-06-27 20:35:15] <Mithrennaith> and clutters up recent changes as long as it is not a recognised bot
[2010-06-27 20:35:23] <KingAragorn> yep
[2010-06-27 20:35:24] <Mithrennaith> ;)
[2010-06-27 20:35:30] <Mith> Apologies for that
[2010-06-27 20:35:37] <Mithrennaith> back to two more sysops
[2010-06-27 20:35:55] <Mithrennaith> I'd be inclined to say yes to that too.
[2010-06-27 20:36:02] <KingAragorn> aye, Hyarion what's your view on this?
[2010-06-27 20:36:08] <Mithrennaith> Open nomination onwiki, i'ld say.
[2010-06-27 20:36:20] <Ederchil> makes sense
[2010-06-27 20:37:03] <Hyarion> fixing MithBot at the moment.
[2010-06-27 20:37:07] <KingAragorn> oh yeah, we can nominate some people, then vote
[2010-06-27 20:37:10] <Mithrennaith> :D
[2010-06-27 20:37:18] <Mith> Mithbot will love that
[2010-06-27 20:37:19] <Amroth> okay
[2010-06-27 20:37:22] <Mith> Make his week
[2010-06-27 20:37:29] <KingAragorn> KingAragorn Bot is better :P
[2010-06-27 20:38:00] <Mith> What was that pink and black fluffy robot on Robot Wars?
[2010-06-27 20:38:05] <Mith> The one which always died
[2010-06-27 20:38:06] <Mith> Nemesis?
[2010-06-27 20:38:12] <Mith> That's KAbot
[2010-06-27 20:38:23] <KingAragorn> WHAT
[2010-06-27 20:38:44] <Mithrennaith> ‘Kapot’ more likely
[2010-06-27 20:38:45] <KingAragorn> lol, it's basically the same bot
[2010-06-27 20:38:55] <KingAragorn> just different owners
[2010-06-27 20:39:16] <Mith> Mithbot is Matilda
[2010-06-27 20:39:27] <Ederchil> can we get back on topic?
[2010-06-27 20:39:37] <Mith> Apologies
[2010-06-27 20:39:38] <Mithrennaith> yes please
[2010-06-27 20:39:47] <Mith> I thought we were waiting for Mithbot to be done before moving on
[2010-06-27 20:40:10] <KingAragorn> as long as Hyarion supports making Ederchil a bureaucrat we can move on
[2010-06-27 20:40:20] <Amroth> okay
[2010-06-27 20:40:27] <Mithrennaith> well, we were sort of waiting for Hyarion’s views on that and on taking on two more sysops
[2010-06-27 20:40:50] <Ederchil> okay, go back to Robot Wars then ;)
[2010-06-27 20:40:56] <Morgan2> :-)
[2010-06-27 20:41:01] <Mithrennaith> :D
[2010-06-27 20:41:17] <Mith> I'm done now.
[2010-06-27 20:41:34] <Mith> Mithbot > KingAragornbot was basically the point I was making
[2010-06-27 20:41:40] <Hyarion> I don't think anyone opposes making Eder a bureaucrat
[2010-06-27 20:41:40] <Hyarion> ?
[2010-06-27 20:41:50] <Morgan2> nope
[2010-06-27 20:41:55] <KingAragorn> no
[2010-06-27 20:41:55] <Mith> Nope
[2010-06-27 20:41:55] <Amroth> no
[2010-06-27 20:42:01] <KingAragorn> yes
[2010-06-27 20:42:02] <KingAragorn> no
[2010-06-27 20:42:24] <KingAragorn> oks, that's done
[2010-06-27 20:42:38] <Morgan2> If Ederchil is willing?
[2010-06-27 20:42:44] <Ederchil> of course
[2010-06-27 20:42:47] <KingAragorn> :)
[2010-06-27 20:42:57] <Amroth> :)
[2010-06-27 20:43:09] <Hyarion> Bot and Ederchil group memberships are fixed.
[2010-06-27 20:43:15] <Mith> Congratulations
[2010-06-27 20:43:18] <Morgan2> So basically this will mean that you can delete users and some other stuff?
[2010-06-27 20:43:24] <KingAragorn> congrats
[2010-06-27 20:43:27] <Mithrennaith> Congrat +1
[2010-06-27 20:43:32] <KingAragorn> you can't delete users on MediaWiki
[2010-06-27 20:43:33] <Amroth> congrats
[2010-06-27 20:43:44] <Morgan2> Ok
[2010-06-27 20:43:44] <Ederchil> you can, but it's tricky
[2010-06-27 20:43:48] <KingAragorn> bureaucrats can change other users user-level
[2010-06-27 20:43:53] <KingAragorn> well kinda
[2010-06-27 20:43:56] <Mithrennaith> you can still block/ban them indefinitely
[2010-06-27 20:44:02] <Mith> Do we need to discuss sysops?
[2010-06-27 20:44:13] <KingAragorn> I think 2 more would be sensible
[2010-06-27 20:44:29] <Amroth> who are the sysops now?
[2010-06-27 20:44:30] <Mithrennaith> I agree, more or less.
[2010-06-27 20:44:35] <KingAragorn> Hyarion and Ederchil
[2010-06-27 20:44:37] <Mith> Amroth, none.
[2010-06-27 20:44:52] <Ederchil> sysop = admin, mith
[2010-06-27 20:44:53] <KingAragorn> well bureaucrats + sysop
[2010-06-27 20:45:06] <Hyarion> do we really need more administrators?
[2010-06-27 20:45:12] <Ederchil> http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Special:ListGroupRights
[2010-06-27 20:45:39] <Ederchil> well, it would be handy.
[2010-06-27 20:45:44] <KingAragorn> I think it would be helpful
[2010-06-27 20:45:56] <Morgan2> Maybe not for the moment, but if Ederchil wouldn't have as much time as he has today...
[2010-06-27 20:46:08] <Ederchil> with the spam spree i would spend half an hour just deleting stuff
[2010-06-27 20:46:33] <KingAragorn> if we upgrade MediaWiki we'd also have a rollbacks right user
[2010-06-27 20:46:41] <KingAragorn> who could roll-back vandalism
[2010-06-27 20:46:41] <Mithrennaith> exactly
[2010-06-27 20:46:56] <Mithrennaith> that would be useful
[2010-06-27 20:47:04] <Ederchil> problem; you rollback edits per user
[2010-06-27 20:47:29] <Ederchil> if multiple ips spam, you still have to do it the oldfshioned way
[2010-06-27 20:47:45] <KingAragorn> well you just click rollback on each one
[2010-06-27 20:47:54] <KingAragorn> faster than undo
[2010-06-27 20:48:01] <Hyarion> hopefully spam shouldn't be too much of a problem after blocking anonymous edits.
[2010-06-27 20:48:17] <Ederchil> might as well go to the last spamfree version in the history and re-save that one
[2010-06-27 20:48:37] <Mith> I think sysops would be handy; I've been acutely aware of the vandalism work Ederchil's been put under (which is why I've tried to help as much as I can) so it would probably be helpful, I think, if there were more.
[2010-06-27 20:48:38] <KingAragorn> oh I get you now
[2010-06-27 20:49:22] <KingAragorn> Most other Wikis will have loads of sysops for a Wiki this size
[2010-06-27 20:49:25] <Mith> And, at the moment, we are still, really, relying on one person to be in charge 24 hours a day?
[2010-06-27 20:49:33] <KingAragorn> 4 seems like a good number
[2010-06-27 20:49:39] <Mithrennaith> in fact yes
[2010-06-27 20:49:55] <Mith> Is that true?
[2010-06-27 20:50:04] <Mithrennaith> (back 1)
[2010-06-27 20:50:12] <Morgan2> Hyarion: how about trying out having more sysops for a while?
[2010-06-27 20:50:36] <Mithrennaith> But I do agree that 4 seems to be a good number. At least to try out, as Hyarion says.
[2010-06-27 20:50:39] <Hyarion> My only concern would be if half the editors are sysops, it makes the other half feel a little left out.
[2010-06-27 20:50:49] <Mithrennaith> (4 = 2 + 2)
[2010-06-27 20:50:59] <Mith> It seems a bit harsh to make people sysops and then take it away?
[2010-06-27 20:51:02] <KingAragorn> I wouldn't see it that way, I don't want sysops
[2010-06-27 20:51:06] <Mith> (potentially take it away)
[2010-06-27 20:51:24] <Mith> Well, how do we define editors?
[2010-06-27 20:51:31] <Mith> We have 2,000 members (ish)
[2010-06-27 20:51:47] <KingAragorn> yep
[2010-06-27 20:52:16] <Morgan2> We'll have to wait until The Hobbit movies come out before the crowd of editors return...
[2010-06-27 20:52:23] <Morgan2> That's my guess
[2010-06-27 20:52:29] <Mith> That's very true
[2010-06-27 20:52:34] <KingAragorn> in 2020 yeah
[2010-06-27 20:52:44] <Mith> Cynicism again, KA?
[2010-06-27 20:52:45] <Mithrennaith> And then we'll get spammed with film-fancruft ...
[2010-06-27 20:52:56] <Morgan2> :-)
[2010-06-27 20:53:05] <KingAragorn> with more sysops ops we can ban those people
[2010-06-27 20:53:12] <Mith> OK
[2010-06-27 20:53:15] <Mith> I propose
[2010-06-27 20:53:15] <Ederchil> hopefully, no shippers
[2010-06-27 20:53:26] <Mith> We take a vote now on having more sysops
[2010-06-27 20:53:38] <Sage> yes please
[2010-06-27 20:53:40] <Ederchil> I vote yes
[2010-06-27 20:53:43] <KingAragorn> a vote for 2 more?
[2010-06-27 20:53:43] <Mith> I say yes
[2010-06-27 20:53:45] <Mithrennaith> yes
[2010-06-27 20:53:49] <Mith> (yes/no vote)
[2010-06-27 20:53:52] <KingAragorn> Yes
[2010-06-27 20:53:56] <Sage> yes
[2010-06-27 20:53:59] <Mith> (we can decide number later - decide the pinciple right now.)
[2010-06-27 20:54:09] <Morgan2> well, yes (but if Hyarion is sceptical - I'm not so sure)
[2010-06-27 20:54:11] <Mithrennaith> (indeed)
[2010-06-27 20:54:30] <Sage> let's find more editors then :D
[2010-06-27 20:54:38] <Ederchil> back in a bit
[2010-06-27 20:54:44] <Morgan2> ok
[2010-06-27 20:55:13] <Mith> I think we're coming onto the more editors thing in a bit
[2010-06-27 20:55:14] <Mithrennaith> Well, Hyarions problem is that the ‘other half’ might feel left out.
[2010-06-27 20:55:22] <Mithrennaith> I don’t know.
[2010-06-27 20:55:37] <Mithrennaith> I’m not active enough to put myself forward for sysop.
[2010-06-27 20:55:41] <KingAragorn> 4 verses 1996?
[2010-06-27 20:55:44] <Morgan2> I wouldn't feel left out... I think (sob) :-)
[2010-06-27 20:55:54] <Sage> sysop is not an office, but a responsibility
[2010-06-27 20:56:02] <KingAragorn> exactly
[2010-06-27 20:56:06] <Mithrennaith> Although if I would get more active I might.
[2010-06-27 20:56:12] <Amroth> sory
[2010-06-27 20:56:16] <Amroth> I need to go
[2010-06-27 20:56:19] <Amroth> see you later
[2010-06-27 20:56:22] <Mithrennaith> But I wouldn't feel left out. What Sage says, also.
[2010-06-27 20:56:26] <Sage> namarie amroth
[2010-06-27 20:56:30] <KingAragorn> ok, good luck with your exams
[2010-06-27 20:56:31] <Morgan2> Amroth:Ok, see you araound
[2010-06-27 20:56:37] <Mith> Goodbye! See you soon!
[2010-06-27 20:56:42] <Mith> Good luck in your history exam
[2010-06-27 20:56:46] <Sage> good luck
[2010-06-27 20:56:53] <Mithrennaith> Also, I don't exactly see another half.
[2010-06-27 20:56:56] <KingAragorn> and physics
[2010-06-27 20:57:00] <Mithrennaith> good luck, Morgan
[2010-06-27 20:57:04] <Mith> And physics, yes!
[2010-06-27 20:57:17] <Morgan2> ?
[2010-06-27 20:57:34] <Mith> Well
[2010-06-27 20:57:38] <Mithrennaith> good luck, eh, Amroth
[2010-06-27 20:57:40] <KingAragorn> lol, I think he meant Amroth
[2010-06-27 20:57:44] <Morgan2> Haha
[2010-06-27 20:57:48] <Mith> The problem is, is there's no other way to reward pepole
[2010-06-27 20:57:53] <Mithrennaith> (reading cross lines ... grll)
[2010-06-27 20:57:55] <Mith> So people see sysop = reward
[2010-06-27 20:58:02] <Mith> Which isn't the case
[2010-06-27 20:58:11] <Mithrennaith> well, they shouldn’t
[2010-06-27 20:58:12] <Hyarion> I think that's my fear, it is treated as a reward.
[2010-06-27 20:58:15] <KingAragorn> which will lead us onto Barnstars later
[2010-06-27 20:58:21] <Mith> Indeed
[2010-06-27 20:58:23] <Mithrennaith> exactly
[2010-06-27 20:58:30] <Mith> That's why I put them both on the agenda together
[2010-06-27 20:58:40] <KingAragorn> it's really a responsibility and a leadership position
[2010-06-27 20:59:07] <Hyarion> I would say it is more of a janitorial position :)
[2010-06-27 20:59:21] <Mithrennaith> agreed :)
[2010-06-27 20:59:26] <Morgan2> This discussion is getting lengthy, maybe save the topic for a later meeting - at least many of us agreed on having more sysops and then Hyarion can ponder about the pros and cons for a while
[2010-06-27 20:59:36] <Ederchil> back
[2010-06-27 20:59:49] |<-- Amroth has left irc.tolkiengateway.net (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[2010-06-27 20:59:53] <Morgan2> "Janitorial" - that's a word I had to look up the first time Ederchil used it :-)
[2010-06-27 21:00:00] <Mithrennaith> I propose that we set up a forum topic on this, and see if more people share the opinions here or not.
[2010-06-27 21:00:44] <KingAragorn> how about 1 sysop nomination first
[2010-06-27 21:00:51] <Mith> I actually think the vote here was conclusive. 7 of us voted for more sysops - with most people saying 2 - I don't see at least 7 people disagreeing with that position
[2010-06-27 21:01:03] <Mith> I think we could push ahead with nominations in all honesty.
[2010-06-27 21:01:11] <Mith> The vote was pretty resounding
[2010-06-27 21:01:21] <Mithrennaith> I feel, anyway, that we should not move to nominations straightaway, without discussion onwiki.
[2010-06-27 21:01:22] <KingAragorn> quite a majority
[2010-06-27 21:01:48] <Mith> Does anyone remember what we did last time?
[2010-06-27 21:01:49] <Ederchil> agree w/ mithrennaith
[2010-06-27 21:01:58] <Ederchil> nope
[2010-06-27 21:02:02] <Mith> We just promoted Ederchil in here
[2010-06-27 21:02:03] <KingAragorn> we voted on here didn't we?
[2010-06-27 21:02:04] <Mithrennaith> I think making decisions here and presenting them as fact onwiki is the way to make people feel left out.
[2010-06-27 21:02:06] <Mith> (Just now.)
[2010-06-27 21:02:26] <Mith> KA, I think we voted on here too
[2010-06-27 21:02:35] <Mith> But it was a long time ago!
[2010-06-27 21:02:42] <Mith> Mithrennaith, who is there to leave out?
[2010-06-27 21:02:47] <KingAragorn> ok, I think we should do it on the Wiki
[2010-06-27 21:02:55] <Mith> We sent out invitations to all the main editors, didn't we?
[2010-06-27 21:02:57] <KingAragorn> then we have time for in depth discussion
[2010-06-27 21:03:03] <Mithrennaith> Well, considering that I've never been in this meeting,
[2010-06-27 21:03:21] <Mithrennaith> because I often cannot chat on sunday evenings,
[2010-06-27 21:03:39] <Mithrennaith> and I see things that have been discussed in meetings, and think, why not onwiki?
[2010-06-27 21:03:46] <Mith> Well, I agree that it isn't the best time... but we picked it due to timezone issues didn't we?
[2010-06-27 21:04:23] <Morgan2> IMHO, important decisions should be made onwiki
[2010-06-27 21:04:31] <Mithrennaith> When Ederchil was made sysop, he was nominated and then voted on onwiki.
[2010-06-27 21:04:41] <Morgan2> Exactly
[2010-06-27 21:04:46] <KingAragorn> I prefer it to take place onwiki, like most wikis do
[2010-06-27 21:05:04] <KingAragorn> yeah we basically confirmed it here
[2010-06-27 21:05:05] <Mithrennaith> I'm regarding the bureaucrat vote just now as a necessity in circumstances.
[2010-06-27 21:05:32] <Mith> Sorry, I'm a little confused; I'm not suggesting the vote take place here
[2010-06-27 21:05:43] <Mithrennaith> Considering that he is already sysop, and nobody would seriously propose anyone else at this moment.
[2010-06-27 21:05:51] <KingAragorn> what are you suggesting?
[2010-06-27 21:06:04] <KingAragorn> just nominations?
[2010-06-27 21:06:09] <Mith> I thought someone said nominations?
[2010-06-27 21:06:30] <Mith> I think I've been at cross-purposes here
[2010-06-27 21:06:30] <Mithrennaith> But for more sysops, I would say, propose an increase in number onwiki and first vote on that, then have nominations (if vote positive)
[2010-06-27 21:08:10] <KingAragorn> we don't need a vote on more sysops, just nominate and go from there
[2010-06-27 21:08:19] <KingAragorn> if people are opposed to the nomination they can say so
[2010-06-27 21:08:29] <Ederchil> and put up a sitenotice
[2010-06-27 21:08:33] <KingAragorn> yeah
[2010-06-27 21:08:48] <Morgan2> Move on?
[2010-06-27 21:08:53] <Sage> yes
[2010-06-27 21:08:55] <Mith> Agreed
[2010-06-27 21:08:58] <Mithrennaith> yes
[2010-06-27 21:09:06] <Ederchil> yes
[2010-06-27 21:09:28] <KingAragorn> ok we need to discuss server Access for more than one person - will the new server allow more than one user to access it
[2010-06-27 21:09:29] <KingAragorn> ?
[2010-06-27 21:09:50] <KingAragorn> would you mind someone else doing maintenance/installing extensions?
[2010-06-27 21:09:55] <Hyarion> not sure I think that would be a great idea.
[2010-06-27 21:10:10] <Morgan2> Could mess up things
[2010-06-27 21:10:16] <Hyarion> We can of course setup multiple SSH accounts but I'd frown upon it.
[2010-06-27 21:10:35] <KingAragorn> well, not a random person - someone/persons with experience/knowledge in the area
[2010-06-27 21:10:44] <Mithrennaith> quite
[2010-06-27 21:10:52] <Ederchil> like, not me ;)
[2010-06-27 21:10:58] <Morgan2> :-)
[2010-06-27 21:11:09] <Mithrennaith> with Unquendor, we had only one person with access for a long time.
[2010-06-27 21:11:23] <KingAragorn> Mith and me have set up websites in the past
[2010-06-27 21:11:31] <Mithrennaith> then things started going wrong onserver, and the webmaster wasn't available to do anything.
[2010-06-27 21:11:41] <KingAragorn> with Hyarion inactive for a lot of the time, I think we should seriously consider it
[2010-06-27 21:11:46] <Hyarion> I do understand the concern though, we need to make sure the extensions are installed and modified in a timely matter, I'll do my best to spend more time on that.
[2010-06-27 21:11:48] <Mithrennaith> since then we have had a ‘relief-webmaster’.
[2010-06-27 21:12:06] <Morgan2> Hyarion: do you think you will be more active in the near future? Then I don't think we need more server-acess guys
[2010-06-27 21:12:23] <Morgan2> Great to have you back BTW
[2010-06-27 21:12:24] <Mithrennaith> Not supposed to do anything, but if things go wrong, and number one is unavailable, he can stop gaps.
[2010-06-27 21:12:50] <Mithrennaith> So basically, I’m with KA on this.
[2010-06-27 21:12:53] <Hyarion> Does anyone here have Linux experience?
[2010-06-27 21:12:58] <Morgan2> Nope
[2010-06-27 21:13:17] <Mithrennaith> But not being a very active editor, I don’t want to tell Hyarion what should be done etc. ...
[2010-06-27 21:13:26] <KingAragorn> you access the server through Linux?
[2010-06-27 21:13:28] <Mithrennaith> no L experience
[2010-06-27 21:13:30] <Hyarion> Mithrennaith, your opinion is equally valid :)
[2010-06-27 21:13:48] <Sage> i have linux experience
[2010-06-27 21:14:05] <Sage> i could tutor the new guy with access :P
[2010-06-27 21:14:13] <Morgan2> :-)
[2010-06-27 21:14:25] <KingAragorn> will that be the same with the new server?
[2010-06-27 21:14:33] <Mithrennaith> Well, thank you, Hyarion, but what I don’t want is KA and myself just arguing forceful and the rest saying, well, whatever.
[2010-06-27 21:14:35] <Hyarion> KingAragorn, yes, Red Hat Enterprise Linux with Apache, MySQL, PHP5, etc.
[2010-06-27 21:14:48] <Hyarion> the new server will be the same, but with Ubuntu instead.
[2010-06-27 21:15:47] <Hyarion> We could of course set up the site on Windows Server 2008 R2 but Windows and web servers isn't a good combination :)
[2010-06-27 21:16:01] <Mithrennaith> not really, no ...
[2010-06-27 21:16:13] <KingAragorn> so how do you access Ubuntu?
[2010-06-27 21:16:30] <Hyarion> oh same with any Linux server, SSH
[2010-06-27 21:17:47] <KingAragorn> oh what interface?
[2010-06-27 21:18:22] <Hyarion> SSH is Secure Shell, it's a command line interface.
[2010-06-27 21:18:52] <Ederchil> can we save the tech talk for your user talk pages and get on to the next topic?
[2010-06-27 21:19:00] <Hyarion> agreed.
[2010-06-27 21:19:14] <Mithrennaith> agree on that
[2010-06-27 21:19:19] <Sage> yup
[2010-06-27 21:19:26] <Morgan2> +1
[2010-06-27 21:19:50] <Mithrennaith> will we revisted the topic of second server access at a later meeting, or onwiki?
[2010-06-27 21:19:59] <Mithrennaith> *revisit
[2010-06-27 21:20:03] <KingAragorn> I'd like to
[2010-06-27 21:20:19] <Hyarion> sure.
[2010-06-27 21:20:57] <Mithrennaith> fine
[2010-06-27 21:21:23] <Ederchil> next topic is the spam
[2010-06-27 21:21:35] <Morgan2> which isn't an issue anymore
[2010-06-27 21:21:40] <Sage> yup
[2010-06-27 21:21:42] <Mithrennaith> well ...
[2010-06-27 21:21:45] <KingAragorn> yeah spam, I don't want to block unregistered users forever
[2010-06-27 21:21:46] <Sage> unless we want anon editors?
[2010-06-27 21:21:52] <Ederchil> well, how long do we keep the place locked up
[2010-06-27 21:22:00] <Ederchil> KA, me neither
[2010-06-27 21:22:10] <Ederchil> always saw it as a last ditch
[2010-06-27 21:22:18] <KingAragorn> until we have other anti-spam provisions in place
[2010-06-27 21:22:22] <Mith> I'm back
[2010-06-27 21:22:29] <Ederchil> you were gone?
[2010-06-27 21:22:30] <Mithrennaith> I’m in two minds about this.
[2010-06-27 21:22:33] <Ederchil> :)
[2010-06-27 21:22:45] <KingAragorn> would it be possibly to install recaptcha for unregistered users?
[2010-06-27 21:22:54] <Mith> i was getting a drink (orange juice).
[2010-06-27 21:22:57] <KingAragorn> there may be an extension ready to go
[2010-06-27 21:23:04] <KingAragorn> I'd have to look
[2010-06-27 21:23:11] <Morgan2> is recaptcha stuff free of charge?
[2010-06-27 21:23:15] <Mithrennaith> captcha is an ongoing battle with hackers
[2010-06-27 21:23:25] <KingAragorn> aha - http://recaptcha.net/plugins/mediawiki/
[2010-06-27 21:23:31] <Mithrennaith> You have to upgrade at increasingly shorter intervals.
[2010-06-27 21:23:35] <KingAragorn> yeah it's free
[2010-06-27 21:23:38] <Mith> I said when I voted in favour of locking the database that I was doing so on the condition it wasn't permanent
[2010-06-27 21:24:42] <KingAragorn> or any other captcha software
[2010-06-27 21:25:04] <Mith> It says it's triggered by "# Anonymous edits that contain new external links"
[2010-06-27 21:25:06] <Hyarion> Forcing users to login is only temporary until I install a better captcha. Although the better the captch, usually the more annoying.
[2010-06-27 21:25:29] <Mithrennaith> indeed ;)
[2010-06-27 21:25:31] <Morgan2> Is there anything useful on http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Anti-spam_features ?
[2010-06-27 21:25:37] <Mith> Does that include some of the mess we've add recently which was barely indecipherable spam
[2010-06-27 21:25:39] <KingAragorn> this page is useful: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Combating_spam
[2010-06-27 21:25:40] <KingAragorn> yeah
[2010-06-27 21:25:47] <Mith> Usually messed-up HTML
[2010-06-27 21:26:19] <Sage> also, i'd like some auto-completion thing
[2010-06-27 21:26:22] <Sage> like that one on wikia
[2010-06-27 21:26:23] <Sage> :D
[2010-06-27 21:26:34] <KingAragorn> I find that annoying
[2010-06-27 21:26:35] <Hyarion> agreed.
[2010-06-27 21:26:36] <Morgan2> Ok, my wife came home - won't be as active - but I'll try to chime in again (I'm using her laptop so I might have to log out)
[2010-06-27 21:26:37] <Sage> how is the plugin called?
[2010-06-27 21:26:45] <Morgan2> :-)
[2010-06-27 21:27:00] <Morgan2> See you
[2010-06-27 21:27:08] <KingAragorn> ok, ttyl
[2010-06-27 21:27:14] <Ederchil> bye
[2010-06-27 21:27:19] <Hyarion> thanks for stopping by Morgan
[2010-06-27 21:27:22] <Mith> Bye!
[2010-06-27 21:27:34] <Mithrennaith> see you, Morgan
[2010-06-27 21:27:41] <Morgan2> She is getting a bit annoyed: "I want my laptop back!" haha
[2010-06-27 21:27:51] |<-- Morgan2 has left irc.tolkiengateway.net (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[2010-06-27 21:27:56] <Mith> OK, we still have quite a few things to get through, could we push on with speed?
[2010-06-27 21:28:04] <Hyarion> fine by me.
[2010-06-27 21:28:07] <Ederchil> agreed
[2010-06-27 21:28:12] <Mith> Can we leave the CAPTCHA thing in your capable hands, Hyarion?
[2010-06-27 21:28:18] <Hyarion> yup.
[2010-06-27 21:28:23] <Mith> You're a star!
[2010-06-27 21:28:50] <KingAragorn> kewl
[2010-06-27 21:28:57] <Mith> It's "other extensions" next, isn't it?
[2010-06-27 21:28:57] <Ederchil> well, the next point also seems decided -
[2010-06-27 21:29:08] <Ederchil> yes.
[2010-06-27 21:29:32] <Mith> Which I'm not sure is a point of discussion, more of a wish list. :P
[2010-06-27 21:29:35] <Ederchil> youtube and infobox extensions need fixing
[2010-06-27 21:30:06] <Mithrennaith> *inputbox
[2010-06-27 21:30:12] <KingAragorn> Eldarion Telcontar and I would love it if this was installed: http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/User:Eldarion_Telcontar/Google_Maps_for_Arda
[2010-06-27 21:30:26] <Hyarion> oh, I was wondering if the infobox actually used an extension :)
[2010-06-27 21:30:46] <Ederchil> inputbox, my bad
---
[2010-06-27 21:40:13] <Mith> Aaaaaaaanyway
[2010-06-27 21:40:23] <KingAragorn> will we install it?
[2010-06-27 21:40:37] <KingAragorn> I vote yes
[2010-06-27 21:40:40] <Mithrennaith> I'm in favour, actually.
[2010-06-27 21:40:41] <Ederchil> after the move
[2010-06-27 21:40:48] <Mithrennaith> Yes, after the move.
[2010-06-27 21:40:57] <Mith> Yah
[2010-06-27 21:41:04] <Mith> Shall we make this easy
[2010-06-27 21:41:20] <Mith> Does anyone object to any of the proposed exctensions being added after the move?
[2010-06-27 21:41:37] <KingAragorn> StringFunctions Extension?
[2010-06-27 21:41:46] <KingAragorn> the rollba
[2010-06-27 21:41:52] <KingAragorn> woops...
[2010-06-27 21:41:52] <Mithrennaith> Mith's point first.
[2010-06-27 21:41:56] <Mithrennaith> I don't
[2010-06-27 21:42:02] <KingAragorn> ok I don't
[2010-06-27 21:42:06] <Ederchil> no problem with either
[2010-06-27 21:42:12] <KingAragorn> are there any more extensions wanted?
[2010-06-27 21:42:20] -->| Morgan (55e3d6e8@TG-486CBC8.mibbit.com) has joined #Wiki
[2010-06-27 21:42:31] <KingAragorn> what about the old online users one?
[2010-06-27 21:42:32] <Mith> Who's Online
[2010-06-27 21:42:36] <Hyarion> welcome back Morgan
[2010-06-27 21:42:38] <KingAragorn> yeah
[2010-06-27 21:42:40] <KingAragorn> wb
[2010-06-27 21:42:43] <Mithrennaith> wb
[2010-06-27 21:42:51] <Mith> What they said. :P
[2010-06-27 21:42:52] <Ederchil> sitenotice?
[2010-06-27 21:42:53] <Hyarion> I'll try, but I don't think it was being supported anymore.
[2010-06-27 21:42:56] <Morgan> thanks! back with permission from the president (=wife)
[2010-06-27 21:42:59] <Ederchil> ditto
[2010-06-27 21:43:20] <KingAragorn> there might be another version
[2010-06-27 21:43:38] <Mith> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:WhosOnline
[2010-06-27 21:43:49] <Mithrennaith> what about user edits special page? what’s happened to that?
[2010-06-27 21:44:06] <Mith> (Also: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:OnlineStatus)
[2010-06-27 21:44:18] <Hyarion> does the user edits not work anymore?
[2010-06-27 21:44:34] <Mithrennaith> As far as I know it does.
[2010-06-27 21:45:04] <Mithrennaith> But some time ago, we used to have a function that listed all the edits in the different namespaces for a given user.
[2010-06-27 21:45:13] <KingAragorn> what about something like a page views extension too? Also one where it shows when a user was last online?
[2010-06-27 21:45:24] <Mithrennaith> That one’s disappeared, but I never got to know why.
[2010-06-27 21:45:54] <Mith> http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Special:Editcount
[2010-06-27 21:46:55] <Mithrennaith> Mith, and can that be included on a userpage?
[2010-06-27 21:47:23] <Hyarion> http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Special:Editcount
[2010-06-27 21:47:26] <Hyarion> er
[2010-06-27 21:47:31] <Mith> Yes
[2010-06-27 21:47:39] <Mith> Ederchil has it on his I think
[2010-06-27 21:47:50] <Hyarion> http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Special:Editcount/Hyarion
[2010-06-27 21:47:57] <KingAragorn> yeah that changed at the last upgrade - I think someone made a template to replace it
[2010-06-27 21:47:59] <Ederchil> it's a special template
[2010-06-27 21:48:00] <Hyarion> slash username I believe is what you want to include
[2010-06-27 21:48:49] <Morgan> 23k for Hyarion!
[2010-06-27 21:49:27] <Mithrennaith> Ederchil’s is a special template, yes\
[2010-06-27 21:49:48] <Mithrennaith> I've included that one as well
[2010-06-27 21:50:09] <Ederchil> don't remember who made it
[2010-06-27 21:50:28] <Mithrennaith> but the old special function was a lot better.
[2010-06-27 21:50:39] <KingAragorn> yeah it was
[2010-06-27 21:50:59] * Mith doesn't remember the old one.
[2010-06-27 21:51:28] * Mith should probably pay more attention to others' user pages.
[2010-06-27 21:51:56] <KingAragorn> Eldarion Telcontar made the replacement
[2010-06-27 21:52:23] <Mith> Is this something else to add to the list of extensions we want?
[2010-06-27 21:52:43] <Mithrennaith> Well, if there is an extension that provides it.
[2010-06-27 21:52:44] <KingAragorn> I don't think it is an extension
[2010-06-27 21:52:54] <Mithrennaith> That's the point.
[2010-06-27 21:53:11] <Mithrennaith> Otherwise, I don't think we should spent more time on it.
[2010-06-27 21:53:26] <Morgan> Agrre
[2010-06-27 21:53:29] <KingAragorn> it was part of a previous version of MediaWiki
[2010-06-27 21:53:48] <KingAragorn> anything else on extensions?
[2010-06-27 21:53:51] <Ederchil> guys, signing off.
[2010-06-27 21:53:53] <Ederchil> have fun without me
[2010-06-27 21:54:00] <Hyarion> thanks for joining us Ederchil, nice chatting with you
[2010-06-27 21:54:03] <KingAragorn> ok, ttyl
[2010-06-27 21:54:05] |<-- Ederchil has left irc.tolkiengateway.net (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[2010-06-27 21:54:05] <Mithrennaith> t’ruste, Ederchil
[2010-06-27 21:54:07] <Morgan> Oh, see you around!
[2010-06-27 21:55:13] <Mith> Can we carry on with this meeting?
[2010-06-27 21:55:22] <Morgan> I'm on
[2010-06-27 21:55:33] <Mithrennaith> yep
[2010-06-27 21:55:41] <KingAragorn> <KingAragorn> anything else on extensions?
[2010-06-27 21:55:48] <Mith> No
[2010-06-27 21:55:51] <Morgan> No
[2010-06-27 21:55:57] <Mithrennaith> no
[2010-06-27 21:56:02] <KingAragorn> ok, over to Mith
[2010-06-27 21:56:44] <Mith> You've caught me out there!
[2010-06-27 21:56:50] <Mith> I was expecting to be called
[2010-06-27 21:56:55] <Mith> Is it Barnstars now?
[2010-06-27 21:57:02] <KingAragorn> projects
[2010-06-27 21:57:08] <KingAragorn> then barnstars
[2010-06-27 21:57:09] <Mith> Ugh, OK
[2010-06-27 21:57:10] <Mithrennaith> projects first
[2010-06-27 21:57:10] <KingAragorn> :P
[2010-06-27 21:57:30] <Mith> Basically
[2010-06-27 21:57:47] <Mith> We set up the projects at, I think, our inaugural meeting nearly 2 years ago.
[2010-06-27 21:58:09] <Mith> But, to describe them as projects is generous
[2010-06-27 21:58:34] <KingAragorn> they're long-term to say the least
[2010-06-27 21:58:58] <Mith> Off the top of my head, I have no idea who's in charge of any of the projects or indeed what they do to push the projects ahead
[2010-06-27 21:59:12] <Mithrennaith> No
[2010-06-27 21:59:24] <Mith> So I think we need to scrap them or renew them
[2010-06-27 21:59:29] <Mithrennaith> I don´t really pay much heed to projects.
[2010-06-27 21:59:34] <KingAragorn> I'm in charge of locations - hence me making the List of Place Names and pushing for the Arda Maps extension
[2010-06-27 21:59:37] <Mith> I was going to come here saying "renew" but I now think scrap
[2010-06-27 22:00:00] <Mithrennaith> Since about two years, I’ve wanted to become more active in TG,
[2010-06-27 22:00:06] <Morgan> So, next topic?
[2010-06-27 22:00:06] <Morgan> .
[2010-06-27 22:00:16] <Mithrennaith> but time seems to disappear everytime.
[2010-06-27 22:00:30] <Mith> (And editors)
[2010-06-27 22:00:43] <Mithrennaith> There are few things I'd like to attack, when I would have time,
[2010-06-27 22:01:11] <Mithrennaith> In or out of project, doesn't matter,
[2010-06-27 22:01:21] <Mithrennaith> but the two times I've tried,
[2010-06-27 22:01:22] <Mith> Yeah, that's the thing
[2010-06-27 22:01:39] <Mith> If you have something you want to do, you just do it regardless
[2010-06-27 22:01:39] <Mithrennaith> someone takes the cart and pulls it in the opposite direction,
[2010-06-27 22:01:45] <Mithrennaith> and I;ve lost appetite.
[2010-06-27 22:01:46] <Hyarion> :)
[2010-06-27 22:02:12] <Mith> Hyarion, you're very quiet
[2010-06-27 22:02:17] <Mith> What do you think?
[2010-06-27 22:02:19] <Hyarion> by cart do you mean another editor or something in real life?
[2010-06-27 22:02:35] <Mithrennaith> Last time I've asked on their usertalk, if they want to move it that way, will they put right what they've upset as well,
[2010-06-27 22:02:45] <Mithrennaith> and I've got no reaction at all.
[2010-06-27 22:03:09] <Hyarion> do you remember which article and we can take a look at it?
[2010-06-27 22:03:19] <Mithrennaith> By cart I mean the group of pages I want to move in a co-ordinated direction
[2010-06-27 22:03:24] <Hyarion> gotcha
[2010-06-27 22:03:41] <Morgan> Thinking about Ruth Lacon?
[2010-06-27 22:03:45] <Hyarion> we certainly don't want anyone being pushed away from contributing.
[2010-06-27 22:03:45] <Morgan> The article?
[2010-06-27 22:03:52] <Mithrennaith> No, not that one
[2010-06-27 22:04:02] <Mithrennaith> I've smiled on that one,
[2010-06-27 22:04:13] <Mithrennaith> I know Ruth and Alex pretty well. :)
[2010-06-27 22:04:26] <Morgan> Cool!
[2010-06-27 22:04:30] <Mithrennaith> Also the ruckus about them.
[2010-06-27 22:04:42] <Mithrennaith> in the TS, I mean
[2010-06-27 22:04:47] <Mithrennaith> but back to topic.
[2010-06-27 22:05:14] <Mithrennaith> The family trees and redirection mess about the members of the Tolkien family was what got my goat
[2010-06-27 22:05:15] <Morgan> yes
[2010-06-27 22:05:24] <Hyarion> what happened?
[2010-06-27 22:05:24] <Morgan> Ah, remember that
[2010-06-27 22:06:00] <Mithrennaith> I had finally got order in it, and (Pinkkeith, I think?), decided it had to be something else, and he ruined, about six hours of work.
[2010-06-27 22:06:26] <Mithrennaith> accidentally, whithout noticing, I'm sure, and without meaning to, I'm sure,
[2010-06-27 22:06:39] <Hyarion> well, we should be able to just undo the changes.
[2010-06-27 22:06:42] <Mithrennaith> but I pointed it out to him and he has stayed schtumm.
[2010-06-27 22:06:47] <Morgan> Communication is the key - but I haven't seen Pinkkieth so active, lately
[2010-06-27 22:06:56] <Mithrennaith> Well, that's the problem.
[2010-06-27 22:07:03] <Morgan> Yep
[2010-06-27 22:07:04] <Mithrennaith> I see his point, actually.
[2010-06-27 22:07:20] <Mithrennaith> But how to move forward in both directions at once?
[2010-06-27 22:07:25] <KingAragorn> he was last active 10 June
[2010-06-27 22:07:31] <Mithrennaith> (which might be possibly, if we would agree)
[2010-06-27 22:07:43] <Mithrennaith> If he doesn't respond, how to agree?
[2010-06-27 22:08:24] <Hyarion> what I would do is just post something on the article talk page and see what the other editors think
[2010-06-27 22:08:53] <Hyarion> I'm sure they would agree with you and we could revert the change
[2010-06-27 22:09:29] <Mith> Which article is this?
[2010-06-27 22:10:45] <Hyarion> Tolkien family trees, not sure which specific article
[2010-06-27 22:10:50] <Mithrennaith> If the forum inputbox works again, I might make a forum topic out of the two main questions.
[2010-06-27 22:10:50] <Mithrennaith> Or might do that on the talk page, yes Hyarion.
[2010-06-27 22:10:50] <Mithrennaith> Problem is, which talk page?
[2010-06-27 22:10:50] <Mithrennaith> Too many articles involved and no clear main one ...
[2010-06-27 22:10:50] <Mithrennaith> exactly :)
[2010-06-27 22:10:50] <Mithrennaith> About twenty are, or might be involved.
[2010-06-27 22:10:50] <Mithrennaith> And there are two or three principles at stake that will probably have further application.
[2010-06-27 22:10:50] <Mithrennaith> I might write something up and find a place to post it, if time is available,
[2010-06-27 22:11:05] <Mithrennaith> which it isn't, at the moment.
[2010-06-27 22:11:34] <Mithrennaith> (Tolkien family, Michael sr. and jr., and a few others, Mabel and Edith, for some)
[2010-06-27 22:11:45] <Hyarion> gotcha
[2010-06-27 22:12:03] <Morgan> Pinkkeith mostly edites video games articles - he shouldn't have the last word on such "core" articles as the Tolkien family pages
[2010-06-27 22:12:05] <Mithrennaith> It's got to do more with redirects and their jungle, the family trees came in on the side of that.
[2010-06-27 22:12:56] <Mithrennaith> I don't want to go into further details here, but if I've got time I'll revisit it. Other two topics are ‘Ages’ and the Sons of Fëanor.
[2010-06-27 22:13:06] <Mith> Can I just say
[2010-06-27 22:13:11] <Mith> We are WAY off topic
[2010-06-27 22:13:33] <Mithrennaith> lets move on the agenda, if there is any time, we might discuss it further after close of agenda.
[2010-06-27 22:13:38] <Mith> Mithrennaith, please do post this up so we can discuss it.
[2010-06-27 22:13:41] <Mithrennaith> My thought, Mith
[2010-06-27 22:14:20] <Mithrennaith> My thoughts on Sons of Feanor have been up for a long time on talk:Amrod and t:amras
[2010-06-27 22:14:29] <KingAragorn> what was the conclusion to projects?
[2010-06-27 22:14:29] <Mithrennaith> next point now, I propose
[2010-06-27 22:14:47] <Mithrennaith> Mith proposed to scrap, no conclusion yet
[2010-06-27 22:15:30] <KingAragorn> I disagree, reform it maybe... they're useful to give some degree of leadership and control over certain areas - when a Project leader is active
[2010-06-27 22:16:09] <Mithrennaith> I agree with KA to a large degree.
[2010-06-27 22:16:40] <KingAragorn> I'd like to see what more I can do with locations
[2010-06-27 22:16:50] <Mithrennaith> Perhaps we should keep the projects, but put those on hold that are not actively being pulled by someone.
[2010-06-27 22:17:13] <Morgan> I try to pull the bibliography cart
[2010-06-27 22:17:35] <Mithrennaith> Just as a reminder that there is some structure in improvement plans, but not enough people to do everything at once
[2010-06-27 22:18:01] <Mithrennaith> Projects on hold are then areas where someone could offer to become active.
[2010-06-27 22:18:55] <KingAragorn> ok, Amroth wanted to take over the Games project
[2010-06-27 22:19:26] <Mithrennaith> Let him try then.
[2010-06-27 22:19:28] <KingAragorn> (also why does Tolkien Gateway talk:Projects redirect to Tolkien Gateway talk:To-do)
[2010-06-27 22:20:01] <KingAragorn> DrDeath is quite inactive
[2010-06-27 22:20:07] <KingAragorn> any takers for Characters?
[2010-06-27 22:20:24] <Hyarion> not sure why the redirect would be there
[2010-06-27 22:20:57] <Mithrennaith> Put up a list of projects, I'd say.
[2010-06-27 22:21:06] <KingAragorn> we can do this on the talk page I guess
[2010-06-27 22:21:17] <KingAragorn> (removing the redirect first)
[2010-06-27 22:21:18] <Mithrennaith> Yes
[2010-06-27 22:21:40] <KingAragorn> everyone?
[2010-06-27 22:22:10] <Mith> Yep
[2010-06-27 22:22:12] <Mith> Go ahea
[2010-06-27 22:22:18] <Morgan> Sure
[2010-06-27 22:22:26] <KingAragorn> next?
[2010-06-27 22:22:29] <Mith> If you guys reckon we can get projects up and running again
[2010-06-27 22:22:38] <Mith> That would be awesome! :)
[2010-06-27 22:22:41] <Mith> Barnstars!
[2010-06-27 22:22:43] <Mith> At least!
[2010-06-27 22:22:45] <KingAragorn> lol
[2010-06-27 22:22:48] <KingAragorn> :)
[2010-06-27 22:22:57] <Mithrennaith> I'd try a few project at a time only, leave the others on a list on hold.
[2010-06-27 22:23:22] <Mithrennaith> yes, next
[2010-06-27 22:24:25] <Mith> Shall we introduce barnstars?
[2010-06-27 22:24:40] <KingAragorn> I say yes
[2010-06-27 22:24:41] <Mithrennaith> what's your view?
[2010-06-27 22:24:44] <Morgan> What's barnstars?
[2010-06-27 22:25:08] <Mithrennaith> Merit badges, for work well done.
[2010-06-27 22:25:21] <Morgan> Given by the admins?
[2010-06-27 22:25:23] <Mithrennaith> all virtual, of course
[2010-06-27 22:25:28] <Mith> (http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Forum:User_awards)
[2010-06-27 22:25:35] <Mithrennaith> given by public vote,
[2010-06-27 22:25:54] <Mith> See (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Barnstars)
[2010-06-27 22:25:55] <Mithrennaith> some just by people who want to give someone a thumbs up
[2010-06-27 22:26:05] <Mith> Sometimes they can be given by individuals to other individuals, too
[2010-06-27 22:26:25] <KingAragorn> Theoden1 was very enthusiastic about this
[2010-06-27 22:26:34] <Morgan> Thanks for the link, I haven't been around long enough to see that page
[2010-06-27 22:26:52] <Mith> That's OK
[2010-06-27 22:27:23] <Morgan> (since the last edit was in 2008)
[2010-06-27 22:27:50] <Mith> Yeah it's old
[2010-06-27 22:28:17] <Morgan> So what would it take to implement? Some tech tweak by Hyarion?
[2010-06-27 22:28:20] <Mith> But no one seemed to disagree yet nothing happened
[2010-06-27 22:28:39] <KingAragorn> one it's just an image to put on userpages
[2010-06-27 22:28:48] <KingAragorn> *no
[2010-06-27 22:28:49] <Hyarion> nothing technical required.
[2010-06-27 22:29:13] <KingAragorn> expect making the image
[2010-06-27 22:29:15] <Mithrennaith> Someone should massage that into a policy page, and we should have a vote on that then.
[2010-06-27 22:29:32] <Mith> Shall I go away and do that?
[2010-06-27 22:29:40] <Mith> Make a barnstars proposal
[2010-06-27 22:29:41] <Morgan> Sure
[2010-06-27 22:29:45] <Mithrennaith> I don't feel warmly about it, yet I think it is one of those things that may make people feel engaged.
[2010-06-27 22:29:46] <Mith> And bring that back to vote?
[2010-06-27 22:29:47] <KingAragorn> please
[2010-06-27 22:29:55] <Mithrennaith> sure, do so, Mith
[2010-06-27 22:29:59] <Morgan> Mithrennaith: why?
[2010-06-27 22:30:18] <Morgan> the left-out feelin?
[2010-06-27 22:30:52] <Mithrennaith> I think this one of the thinks we might do to prevent people from being left out,
[2010-06-27 22:31:03] <Mithrennaith> over, say, admin promotions and so.
[2010-06-27 22:31:24] <Mithrennaith> Provided we make a point of giving them out somewhat widely.
[2010-06-27 22:32:16] <Mithrennaith> Personally, I think more of an article, and what should be done to improve it, and then tend to forget who else has been doing good work on it.
[2010-06-27 22:32:44] <Mithrennaith> A barnstar might be something to give one another a compliment or thank-you
[2010-06-27 22:33:11] <KingAragorn> yeah, do we're agreed?
[2010-06-27 22:33:14] <Mithrennaith> But I'd not much mind what I get, and I'll probably forget to dole them out when appropriate.
[2010-06-27 22:33:22] <Morgan> It seems to me that it would require some administrative work to keep a thing like barnstars useful
[2010-06-27 22:33:34] <KingAragorn> the Gatekeeper of the Month was good
[2010-06-27 22:33:38] <Mithrennaith> Yes, I think we're agreed that Mith writes this up.
[2010-06-27 22:33:41] <Mith> Let me have a think about how to administer it
[2010-06-27 22:33:55] <Mith> And I'll come back with proposals (maybe a couple of options)
[2010-06-27 22:34:08] <Mithrennaith> A good idea.
[2010-06-27 22:34:09] <Morgan> Yep, do that.
[2010-06-27 22:34:17] <KingAragorn> ok next?
[2010-06-27 22:34:19] <Mith> Aren't we all Gatekeeper of the Month (since forever)? :p
[2010-06-27 22:34:35] <Mith> Have I been Gatekeeper of the Month for like four years? :P
[2010-06-27 22:34:44] <Morgan> Congrats!
[2010-06-27 22:34:50] <Mithrennaith> Yes, well, maybe that's something to do something about when the barnstars work ... :)
[2010-06-27 22:35:08] <Mithrennaith> I second move to next point.
[2010-06-27 22:35:18] <Mith> What is next?
[2010-06-27 22:35:24] <Mithrennaith> Publicity manager
[2010-06-27 22:35:30] <Mith> Aha!
[2010-06-27 22:35:33] <Mith> Me again
[2010-06-27 22:35:37] <Mithrennaith> need of, or not
[2010-06-27 22:35:50] <Mith> I think we could get through quickly
[2010-06-27 22:36:04] <Mith> Do we need someone to advertise our existence and get people in?
[2010-06-27 22:36:24] <Morgan> We all should ;-)
[2010-06-27 22:36:26] <KingAragorn> yes
[2010-06-27 22:36:34] <Mith> That is a fair point, Morgan
[2010-06-27 22:36:35] <Mithrennaith> I think so.
[2010-06-27 22:36:35] <KingAragorn> we all should, but we need a leader
[2010-06-27 22:36:54] <Mithrennaith> And a rough direction where and how.
[2010-06-27 22:37:00] <KingAragorn> have we got a FB group?
[2010-06-27 22:37:07] <Mith> No
[2010-06-27 22:37:12] <Morgan> Anyone keen on such a role?
[2010-06-27 22:37:14] <Mithrennaith> Was just looking for it in vain.
[2010-06-27 22:37:18] <Mith> I was goign to set one up but I don't think Hyarion was keen
[2010-06-27 22:37:29] <Mith> I remember we had this discussion a long time ago
[2010-06-27 22:37:46] <KingAragorn> what was wrong with it?
[2010-06-27 22:37:47] <Hyarion> keen on a publicity manager?
[2010-06-27 22:37:52] <Morgan> Yes
[2010-06-27 22:37:58] <Mithrennaith> Because earlier, a few of you were talking about locations on FB, and I thought, I don't know any of you on FB.
[2010-06-27 22:38:01] <Mith> No, on having a Facebook group?
[2010-06-27 22:38:28] <Hyarion> I don't think there would be any harm
[2010-06-27 22:38:49] <KingAragorn> a 'like' page or a group?
[2010-06-27 22:39:00] <Mith> Oh yeah
[2010-06-27 22:39:00] <Mithrennaith> Group
[2010-06-27 22:39:04] <Mith> Stupid like pages now
[2010-06-27 22:39:07] <Mith> Must be a group
[2010-06-27 22:39:25] <Mith> Would anyone object if I went off and made a group, then?
[2010-06-27 22:39:30] <Sage> no
[2010-06-27 22:39:33] <Sage> (still here)
[2010-06-27 22:39:34] <KingAragorn> please make a group
[2010-06-27 22:39:41] <Mithrennaith> plees
[2010-06-27 22:39:44] <Mithrennaith> **
[2010-06-27 22:39:46] <Mith> OK cool
[2010-06-27 22:39:48] <Mithrennaith> please do.
[2010-06-27 22:39:48] <KingAragorn> and invite me
[2010-06-27 22:39:56] <Mith> Of course. :P
[2010-06-27 22:40:06] <Mith> I shall post up a link when it's all done
[2010-06-27 22:40:15] <Mithrennaith> Good!
[2010-06-27 22:40:24] <Mith> About having a manager
[2010-06-27 22:40:44] <Mith> Do we want one; if so how will (s)he be appointed?
[2010-06-27 22:41:05] <KingAragorn> self-appointed?
[2010-06-27 22:41:06] <KingAragorn> :P
[2010-06-27 22:41:11] <Morgan> IMHO, it would suffice with someone willing (since we aren't so many active=
[2010-06-27 22:41:29] <Mithrennaith> And (looking at the next point) seeing how you define a publicity manager, is there a great difference with community manager?
[2010-06-27 22:42:17] <Mithrennaith> As long as publicity is about getting more community, I mean?
[2010-06-27 22:42:31] <Mith> Well they were originally one in my head
[2010-06-27 22:42:37] <Mith> But then publicity was about getting people in
[2010-06-27 22:42:53] <Mith> And community was about building... well, friendships really
[2010-06-27 22:43:11] <Mith> I say this because I'm constantly dismayed at our... atomistic wikis are
[2010-06-27 22:43:58] <Mithrennaith> What I'm thinking is, isn't all these points: Projects, Barnstars, publicity manager, about how to keep the community running (happily)?
[2010-06-27 22:44:45] <Mithrennaith> (that sentence is broke, somehow)
[2010-06-27 22:45:02] <Mithrennaith> (but you get my meaning, I think)
[2010-06-27 22:45:05] <Mith> Yes
[2010-06-27 22:45:21] <Mith> Which is my thinking
[2010-06-27 22:45:26] <Mith> Why they all came together
[2010-06-27 22:46:00] <Mithrennaith> So say, put them in one hand, certainly with the active community being as small as it is.
[2010-06-27 22:46:08] <Mithrennaith> You want to have a go, Mith?
[2010-06-27 22:46:38] <Mithrennaith> And, we want appoint someone (which should come first, apologies)?
[2010-06-27 22:48:07] <Mith> Do we want to appoint someone?
[2010-06-27 22:48:23] <Morgan> Yes
[2010-06-27 22:48:51] <Morgan> Proposal: Mith
[2010-06-27 22:49:07] <Mithrennaith> I think we do, give what we have already decided on projects and barnstars.
[2010-06-27 22:49:14] <Mithrennaith> Proposal seconded.
[2010-06-27 22:49:42] <Mith> OK
[2010-06-27 22:49:44] <Mithrennaith> Again, subject to proper announcement onwiki.
[2010-06-27 22:49:54] <Mith> I'll give it a go and run with it and see what happens
[2010-06-27 22:49:56] <KingAragorn> ok, he's already making the FB and it was his idea: I agree
[2010-06-27 22:50:33] <Morgan> Second proposal: Mithbot
[2010-06-27 22:50:39] <Morgan> :-)
[2010-06-27 22:50:49] <Mithrennaith> :) :D
[2010-06-27 22:50:54] <Hyarion> support as well.
[2010-06-27 22:51:03] <Mith> Loving Mithbot
[2010-06-27 22:51:07] <Mith> Lovely*
[2010-06-27 22:51:16] <KingAragorn> KingAragorn Bot can be community manager -he knows human emotion
[2010-06-27 22:51:24] <KingAragorn> he's that good a bot
[2010-06-27 22:52:46] <Morgan> It's gettin late in Sweden (12 pm), gotta go in a while - should we move on?
[2010-06-27 22:53:21] <KingAragorn> yeah next?
[2010-06-27 22:53:23] <Mith> es
[2010-06-27 22:53:26] <Hyarion> yea
[2010-06-27 22:53:29] <Mith> Y
[2010-06-27 22:53:44] <Mith> This was the quickest of things
[2010-06-27 22:53:55] <Mith> My own pet project has been years
[2010-06-27 22:54:05] <Morgan> Mithbot is quick
[2010-06-27 22:54:23] <Mith> But in To-do it says we need to have an article for EVERY year
[2010-06-27 22:54:31] <Mith> I don't think we do
[2010-06-27 22:54:36] <KingAragorn> in RL?
[2010-06-27 22:54:48] <Mith> No, in ME
[2010-06-27 22:55:24] <Hyarion> oh, that must be my wording then. I definitely meant every year in RL
[2010-06-27 22:55:30] <Hyarion> no way could we do every year in all the Ages
[2010-06-27 22:55:57] |<-- Mithrennaith has left irc.tolkiengateway.net (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[2010-06-27 22:56:05] <Mith> Thank God for that
[2010-06-27 22:56:06] <KingAragorn> well for every year that has something recorded yes, (In ME)
[2010-06-27 22:56:19] <Mith> KA, that's my aim at the moment
[2010-06-27 22:56:52] <KingAragorn> yeah, ok that's cleared up
[2010-06-27 22:56:57] <Mith> That's it!
[2010-06-27 22:57:03] <Mith> unless there's any other business?
[2010-06-27 22:57:32] <Hyarion> hm, not that I can think of
[2010-06-27 22:57:34] <KingAragorn> scheduling another meeting?
[2010-06-27 22:58:06] <Mith> Has Mithrennaith left or is he just gone by accident?
[2010-06-27 22:58:13] -->| mithrennaith_1 (4da9822c@TG-486CBC8.mibbit.com) has joined #Wiki
[2010-06-27 22:58:25] <mithrennaith_1> Hello?
[2010-06-27 22:58:28] <KingAragorn> there is the answer to you question
[2010-06-27 22:58:29] <KingAragorn> hey
[2010-06-27 22:58:30] <Hyarion> hi
[2010-06-27 22:58:30] <Hyarion> welcome back
[2010-06-27 22:58:50] <mithrennaith_1> Seems I got left out on a limb
[2010-06-27 22:59:04] <mithrennaith_1> Talking to you and hearing nothing back.
[2010-06-27 22:59:25] <KingAragorn> yeah it showed you as leaving here
[2010-06-27 22:59:29] <mithrennaith_1> Where are we and what has been decided, since Morgan proposed MithBot?
[2010-06-27 22:59:36] <Morgan> The same for RL years, in my opinion
[2010-06-27 22:59:36] <Morgan> Hellooo
[2010-06-27 22:59:37] <Morgan> We missed you ;-)
[2010-06-27 22:59:50] <mithrennaith_1> I got no notice whatsoever that I'd been disconnected.
[2010-06-27 22:59:51] <Sage> namarie guys
[2010-06-27 22:59:54] <Sage> hope i have been of help
[2010-06-27 22:59:57] <mithrennaith_1> Namarië, Sage
[2010-06-27 23:00:00] <--| Sage has left #Wiki
[2010-06-27 23:00:01] <KingAragorn> ttly
[2010-06-27 23:00:04] <Mith> Bye, Sage!
[2010-06-27 23:00:11] <Morgan> Bye, Sage! BTW - great work with linguistics!
[2010-06-27 23:00:17] <KingAragorn> gone...
[2010-06-27 23:00:20] =-= mithrennaith_1 is now known as Mithrennaith
[2010-06-27 23:01:01] <KingAragorn> ok should we hold another meeting?
[2010-06-27 23:01:05] <KingAragorn> next week?
[2010-06-27 23:01:09] <Mithrennaith> So, what's been progress?
[2010-06-27 23:01:17] <KingAragorn> later, when we move to the new server?
[2010-06-27 23:01:35] <Mith> TG doesn't have a logo!
[2010-06-27 23:01:38] <Hyarion> yea, we'll wait a couple weeks
[2010-06-27 23:01:48] <KingAragorn> use the old one
[2010-06-27 23:02:00] <Mith> Not the horrid red thing?!
[2010-06-27 23:02:01] <Mithrennaith> There was an old one, yes.
[2010-06-27 23:02:02] <KingAragorn> I have it saved on my PC
[2010-06-27 23:02:08] <Mithrennaith> That one, yes ...
[2010-06-27 23:02:09] <KingAragorn> I liked that
[2010-06-27 23:02:21] <Hyarion> http://tolkiengateway.net/w/skins/ithilien/tolkiengateway-trans.png
[2010-06-27 23:02:21] <Morgan> Mithrennaith: year pages for pages with events (both RL and ME)
[2010-06-27 23:02:29] [DCC] Sent DCC File Transfer offer to ``Mith from YOU (88.106.150.231:52975) of ``TG-logo.gif (19.5 KiB) [[Cancel][Cancels this DCC offer][dcc-close 06e7]].
[2010-06-27 23:02:30] <Mithrennaith> If anyone feels linke making a new one ...
[2010-06-27 23:02:48] <Mith> Hyarion, that's not really a FB-logo
[2010-06-27 23:02:56] <Mithrennaith> Hyarion, you're talking letters of one sixteenth of an inch here.
[2010-06-27 23:03:22] <Mithrennaith> O, I see what it is now... ;)
[2010-06-27 23:03:39] <Hyarion> I'll see if I can throw something together
[2010-06-27 23:04:03] <KingAragorn> did you get the file transfer offer Mith?
[2010-06-27 23:04:13] <KingAragorn> use it temporarily at least
[2010-06-27 23:04:16] <Mithrennaith> Why not take a lowercase g from the font known variously as Kelt/Stonehenge/Tolkien? Looks like a combination of a T and a G anyway.
[2010-06-27 23:04:23] <Mith> I got the offer, accepted, and there was some failure
[2010-06-27 23:04:56] <KingAragorn> oh I had to change my firewall settings,
[2010-06-27 23:04:59] <KingAragorn> I'll send it again
[2010-06-27 23:05:07] [DCC] Sent DCC File Transfer offer to ``Mith from YOU (88.106.150.231:52979) of ``TG-logo.gif (19.5 KiB) [[Cancel][Cancels this DCC offer][dcc-close 06e9]].
[2010-06-27 23:05:16] <KingAragorn> if it doesn't work I can upload it
[2010-06-27 23:05:29] [DCC] Aborted DCC File Transfer of ``TG-logo.gif to ``Mith (88.106.150.231:52975).
[2010-06-27 23:06:15] <Mith> Failure
[2010-06-27 23:06:28] <KingAragorn> http://i47.tinypic.com/2jd2v0z.gif
[2010-06-27 23:06:39] <Mithrennaith> ;)
[2010-06-27 23:06:46] <Mith> God that's ugly
[2010-06-27 23:07:13] <KingAragorn> lol, someone kindly made that image
[2010-06-27 23:07:39] <Mith> I apologise
[2010-06-27 23:07:52] <Mith> It doesn't float my boat
[2010-06-27 23:08:07] [DCC] Aborted DCC File Transfer of ``TG-logo.gif to ``Mith (88.106.150.231:52979).
[2010-06-27 23:08:20] <Mith> Can I use that
[2010-06-27 23:08:23] <Mith> With all the grey?
[2010-06-27 23:08:33] <Mithrennaith> Well, as I said, try the Kelt/Stonehenge/Tolkien font's g then for a stopgap solution.
[2010-06-27 23:09:15] <Mithrennaith> Well, cut off the words, they won't do much in a facebook logo anyway
[2010-06-27 23:09:22] <Mith> True
[2010-06-27 23:09:37] <KingAragorn> ok, that's about it - shall we close the meeting?
[2010-06-27 23:09:52] <Mithrennaith> What about next meeting(s_?
[2010-06-27 23:09:56] <Morgan> Yeah
[2010-06-27 23:10:03] <Mithrennaith> That's been left hanging.
[2010-06-27 23:10:09] <Morgan> After move to new server
[2010-06-27 23:10:12] <KingAragorn> when Hyarion moves to the new server we'll have another one
[2010-06-27 23:10:20] <Mithrennaith> Agreed.
[2010-06-27 23:10:22] <KingAragorn> so a few weeks Hyarion?
[2010-06-27 23:11:53] <Morgan> He agreed to that before, so I think it's decided
[2010-06-27 23:12:08] <Mithrennaith> Announcement on the meetings page onwiki?
[2010-06-27 23:12:10] <Mith> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=133015453387353
[2010-06-27 23:12:32] <Morgan> Faster than Mithbot!
[2010-06-27 23:12:49] <Morgan> BTW, I don't have a FB page
[2010-06-27 23:12:50] <Mithrennaith> :D
[2010-06-27 23:12:54] <KingAragorn> eurgh, it does look ugly when the background isn't transparent
[2010-06-27 23:12:58] <Mithrennaith> I've joined.
[2010-06-27 23:13:34] <KingAragorn> and me
[2010-06-27 23:14:05] <Mithrennaith> I propose announce the meetings on there as well.
[2010-06-27 23:14:23] <KingAragorn> that's a good idea
[2010-06-27 23:14:44] <Mith> Facebook doesn't allow transparent images
[2010-06-27 23:15:02] <Mith> It converts all images to nasty JPEG
[2010-06-27 23:15:19] <Mith> Morgan, nothing is faster than Mithbot
[2010-06-27 23:15:24] <Morgan> Haha
[2010-06-27 23:15:28] <KingAragorn> oh, silly FB
[2010-06-27 23:15:29] <Mithrennaith> And looking in my agenda, of the next ten Sundays I might manage four or five ...
[2010-06-27 23:15:58] <Mithrennaith> Not the only thing FB is silly at ...
[2010-06-27 23:16:02] <Mith> KA, I haven't said this before but I think your profile picture is way more Cameron than Clegg
[2010-06-27 23:16:21] <KingAragorn> it's meant to be the median
[2010-06-27 23:17:15] <Mith> I see more Cameron in it
[2010-06-27 23:17:54] <Morgan> Are you guys goin' to stay online for another while? I'm getting ready to leave now... but I might keep the IRC open (goin' for a night's walk with the dog)
[2010-06-27 23:17:54] <Mithrennaith> But, before closing finally, what did we decide on manager, and on pages for every year?
[2010-06-27 23:18:26] <Mith> Morgan, I'll probably be around here for a couple more hours yet.
[2010-06-27 23:18:29] <Morgan> 1) Mith=manager 2) Yes, for years with events
[2010-06-27 23:18:36] <Mithrennaith> fine.
[2010-06-27 23:18:46] <Mithrennaith> I propose to close the meeting then.
[2010-06-27 23:18:58] <KingAragorn> Aye
[2010-06-27 23:19:00] <Morgan> agree
[2010-06-27 23:19:04] <KingAragorn> the Aye have it
[2010-06-27 23:19:06] <KingAragorn> s
[2010-06-27 23:19:32] <Mithrennaith> I'll be afk for a few minutes then, but keep the chat open for a while.
[2010-06-27 23:19:59] <Mith> I think it's been a productive evening
[2010-06-27 23:20:03] <KingAragorn> I'll still be here
[2010-06-27 23:20:06] <Mith> afternoon for Hyarion
[2010-06-27 23:20:14] <Morgan> Cheers and good night (to those leaving)!