Welcome to Mith's talk page.
 Hans-Ulrich Möhring
Hey Mith! I saw, that you deleted the article about the German translator Hans-Ulrich Möhring (The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrún) with the comment "Just not notable enough". Möhring was now responsible for the German translation of another posthum released work. The Fall of Arthur will be published under the title König Arthurs Untergang on 21 March, 2015 in Germany, translated by Hans-Ulrich Möhring. I think, that two translations of complex lyrics by J.R.R. Tolkien are enough to legitimate the existence of an article about him. What do you think? --Sigismond 09:08, 7 January 2015 (UTC)
- For me, no (although others might take a different view). We have a painful habit on TG of creating articles about individuals which are essentially one line: "X is a Y who worked on Z." Is there anything (verifiable) to say about Möhring as translator of Sigurd and Gudrún and The Fall of Arthur beyond the fact that he translated them? --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 09:14, 7 January 2015 (UTC)
- I see what you mean. To write something about his translation work on The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrún (in my opinion) would make no sense in an English Wiki, so the only mentionable point would be the fact, that Möhring corresponded with Tom Shippey while translating. If you think, that the article is of no importance for Tolkien Gateway, then it's ok. I just wanted to know the reasons. --Sigismond 09:32, 7 January 2015 (UTC)
 Page merging question
Hey Mith, I went ahead and tackled merging Sea-elves into Teleri. I wasn't sure if my method of merging the pages was right: I copied the wiki-edit text to the other page and edited it some, then marked the original page for deletion. I changed the links that lead to Sea-elves to Falmari or Teleri where needed. I wasn't sure if this was good or if I needed to do anything else/something different. xsys 19:39, 23 January 2015 (UTC)
- Hi xsys, and welcome to Tolkien Gateway! To merge a page we transfer the appropriate content and turn the page into a redirect (i.e. we don't mark it for deletion) - the reason for this is so people who search for "Sea-elves" will be taken to the Teleri page, for example. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 20:30, 23 January 2015 (UTC)
- That makes sense. Thanks! xsys 20:33, 23 January 2015 (UTC)
Good evening. This is User220.127.116.11. Could you upload upload more images on the page The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies;I dont have this ability, but you do have this ability. Upload and put these NEW images on the Category:Images from The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.OK; —Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- Thanks for getting in touch. Remembering that the DVD of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies isn't out yet (and therefore screencaps aren't so easy to obtain), do you have any particular images in mind? Or, perhaps you could sign up to Tolkien Gateway and upload them yourself? --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 11:02, 16 March 2015 (UTC)