Welcome to Mith's talk page.
- I found the phrase ,of films for the awards in this way and that is why i edited this in this way. For example I immitated the phrase Peter Jackson's The Return of the King and by imitating this phrase I builted the phrase Peter Jackson's The Desolation of Smaug. That is Why I put Peter Jackson's The Desolation of Smaug Peter Jackson's An Unexpected Journey and Peter Jackson's The Battle of the Five Armies. Did you understeand what i am saying? —Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
- Thanks for messaging me. I realised what had happened and that you were just copying existing usage on those pages, so I decided to correct the entire page in order to make them correct and consistent. Referring to films as "Peter Jackson's..." is old usage on Tolkien Gateway and should be avoided now - is it not your fault, those pages have not been corrected. Hope this helps! --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 09:16, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
- In case you dont know, Thrain appears only in the Extended Edition of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.He appears in flasback scene in The Battle of Azanulbizar and in Dol Guldur.All these scenes which include Thrain exist only in the Extended Edition of the second Hobbit film. —Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
You make a mistake.In case you dont know, Mike Mizrahi played Thrain in flasback scene in the Extended Edition of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.Specifically he portrayed him in The Battle of Azanulbizar.Thomas Robins played him in the theatrical version.Specifically he portrayed him in Erebor scene (befor the attack of smaug in Erebor) in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Moreover, Thrain does not appear in the entire Hobbit film trilogy and to be portrayed at the same time by the same actor.I mean other actor played him in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, other actor played him in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.And he appears only in the extended edition of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.You should either put Antony Sher and Thomas Robins in this wikitable of the Content Cast which exists in the page The Hobbit (film series) or remove Thrain from that wikitable entirely. —Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
- I haven't made a mistake. Many other characters that don't appear in the whole trilogy are on that list, include Dáin, the Goblin-king and the Old Took - Thráin should certainly be on the list and that is why I reverted your edit. A better edit would be to add the other actors who portrayed the character (with sources), not remove it altogether. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 10:55, 3 February 2016 (UTC)
- From what I've heard, Sher also plays Thráin at the Battle of Azanulbizar, which makes it uncertain if Mizrahi actually even appears in these films in the role at all.--BalrogTrainer 04:14, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- Page 101 of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: Chronicles: Creatures & Characters references Mike Mizrahi as the actor, whilst he's also credited with the role at the end credits of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 10:25, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- I would encourage you to sign up in order to create talk pages. Do you have any evidence for how Yazneg comes from Gundabad? --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 17:59, 3 February 2016 (UTC)
- I removed these two characters from the wikitable about the Cast of the hobbit film trilogy because there is no point.These two characters (Old Took and Lindir) do not have any role in the plot of the hobbit film trilogy.They do not interfere in the plot of the hobbit fil series generally, if you think about it very carefully.Also,Old Took appears in a single scene in the extended editionm of the Hobbit An Unexpected Journey.And moreover, both these characters appear only in the Hobbit An Unexpected Journey, (although Lindir appears in the theatrical edition of the First Hobbit film).But that is not important.The important thing is that they do not have any role in the plot of the hobbit film trilogy.If you think about it ver carefully, you can see it.For this reason I would like these two characters to be removed from the wikitable. —Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
- I have to say I agree with this. The "Hobbit" movie trilogy page should probably only include the most significant characters for the whole trilogy... of which Old Took and Lindir certainly are not. I would argue there's no need to include Frodo, either. --BalrogTrainer 03:53, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- My mistake.About the fact that I didnt sigh it.--188.8.131.52 03:52, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- I don't care about the Old Took, but I do think Lindir (why I reverted the edit) and Frodo should stay. But thanks for removing them anyway before I had a chance to reply.
- Frodo is integral to the continuity of this trilogy with the previous one, played by the lead actor of that trilogy - it is his intervention that essentially starts the process of Bilbo telling the story of the trilogy. Lindir is a character from the books (this is Tolkien Gateway not Film Gateway) and his role introruces a significant event in the films in that the Company have left in secret; further, the actor obviously has a significance in terms of fandom and this also needs to be recorded (fandom is something we've always had a view to, hence articles on amateur artists and an websites).
- A further point on them both. They have more lines than Bifur, Bombur, Girion, Thrór and (in theatrical versions) Thráin. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 09:47, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
You did well in the wikitable about the Cast of The Hobbit film trilogy in the page The Hobbit (film series).Don't change it.What do you think?Moreover, can you see the page Bree? I have done some editings there.Can you see these editings?--184.108.40.206 20:06, 6 February 2016 (UTC)
Good User:Mith.Good.You did well in your editings on the page Angmar.
I have dome some editings on the page Aragorn today also.
I don't think there is point any mention of the character Albert Dreary in the page Bree, despite the fact that Peter Jackson played him in cameo form.Morover connect link about the Gandalf and Thorin exists in the previous content of the same page.--220.127.116.11 10:20, 7 February 2016 (UTC)
- I appreciate that you are enthusiastic, but can you please not use my talk page as a means of providing a running commentary on my - or your - edits. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 20:25, 7 February 2016 (UTC)
Why do you remove my editings on the wikitable of the Cast in page The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies;Because they are unimportant in the plot of the film characters; Here in the wikitable of the Cast in page The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug some actors who portray unimportant characters appear (on wikikitable).The same thing also happens on page The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.--18.104.22.168 21:20, 15 February 2016 (UTC)
- Why do you keep asking about individual articles on my talk page? Please direct your questions on the talk page of that article. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 19:38, 15 February 2016 (UTC)
Are we allowed to upload pics/images on this site??? There are so many tolkien art that i would like to post in image galleries with copyright permission of course. Nienna-eve 04:45, 28 February 2016 (UTC)
- Yes. You will need to contact the relevant artists and ask for their permission to host their artwork on TG; if they say yes, also ask them what name they'd like to be credited as and which webaddress they'd like used. On TG you will need to create a page confirming they have granted permission (see TG:Copyrights) and ensure that any image uploaded includes licensing information. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 13:24, 28 February 2016 (UTC)
- Speaking of which: if I were to make my own art for a character or location, and it fits the quality standards for the site, could I post it as well? EldritchNexus 16:37, 18 July 2016 (UTC)
 Agandaur edit
I'm curious as to why you reverted my edits. There are a lot of similarities between him and the messenger from Mordor that visits King Dain. Even characters in the game point these similarities out. I'd cite a source, but I'm admittedly inexperienced with references. EldritchNexus 16:34, 18 July 2016 (UTC)
- You'd need to direct me to specific article so I could give you a proper answer, but I suspect it was speculation or lack of references. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 14:27, 29 August 2016 (UTC)
 Upload Permissions
Mith, I brought up a technical issue I'm having with my account and the Gateway with Ederchil, but he redirected me to you. For convenience, I've copied over the extent of the conversation from his talk page below:
Hey, Ederchil, could you take a look at my user permissions and see why I'm still not able to upload images? I've been a contributor and user for over 3 years; I'm not sure why I'm still not a confirmed user. And feel free to delete this off of your talk page once resolved. Thanks! -Smog 14:34, 6 September 2016 (UTC)Thanks for checking it out! -Smog 18:52, 6 September 2016 (UTC)
- What kind of error message are you getting? --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 15:19, 6 September 2016 (UTC)
- None, I simply do not have the interface option to upload images. I do not believe I was ever autoconfirmed, despite the age and activity of my account. -Smog 16:02, 6 September 2016 (UTC)
- The threshold is 10 edits, correct? I had done that by July 2014. Regardless, I now have upload permissions. Thank you. -Smog 14:31, 12 September 2016 (UTC)