Welcome to Mith's talk page.
Can you add some pictures for me?
Hey Mith! I've gotten really into the Shadow of Mordor games and I wanted to write some articles! I've been working on expanding the Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War articles, but I am also making some on the side characters. I'm currently working on one for Ratbag The Coward. When it's done, could you add some pictures for me? —Unsigned comment by Shelob'sWeb (talk • contribs).
- I don't upload images for other users, but once you have made sufficient edits you will be able to upload images yourself. However, this is Tolkien Gateway and we generally don't go into that level of detail and the probably better belongs on other wikis. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 16:34, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
Hi! I'm currently working on a project comparing the main versions of the Ainulindale: User:LorenzoCB/Sandbox#Ainulindali. Could I make it an article as Tolkien Gateway research, please? Also, would it fall on copyright infringement? I don't think so, as I'm not giving the full text, but the paragraphs separately. What do you think? --LorenzoCB 13:26, 1 February 2020 (UTC)
- What you're doing is undoubtedly interesting. Unfortunately, it is beyond the scope of this wiki and I almost certainly believe it does amount to copyright infringement when you consider just how much text you are copying. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 13:29, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
- Ok, I'll remove it from my sandbox as soon as I find what to do. Thanks.--LorenzoCB 14:21, 16 February 2020 (UTC)
Orcs of Isengard
I was wondering if I could make an article on the Orcs in Isengard. Because not all the "Isengarders" were Uruk-hai and Half-orcs/Goblin-men ---- the company led by Uglúk consisted of Uruk-hai like Lugdush as well as Orcs such as Snaga; after imprisoning Gandalf for refusing to submit to Sauron or help him gain the One Ring for himself, Saruman gathered Wolves and Orcs to Isengard.
But don't do they also fall in the Orcs of the Misty Mountains category, as that's were most of them came from to attack Rohan? So, do they deserve their own page, or are they better listed among the Orcs that inhabited Moria, Gundabad, Goblin-Town...? --LordoftheEarth 09:20, 22 May 2020 (UTC)
- Theoretically I don't have an issue with it, but in practical terms I think it might be too granular and not have that much information. What was your thinking? --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 16:25, 20 June 2020 (UTC)
Hello there. I appreciate your recent hard work fixing some articles, but I disagree with removing Sauron's pictures. It was me who added most of them on the grounds that such a big article about a millennia-spanning character would be more aestheticaly pleasing and readable if there is a pic for almost every section. Sage 18:38, 14 June 2020 (UTC)
- The problem was it was just over-crowded, particularly on higher resolutions; on my computer they were just all stacking on top of each other and it looked a bit of a mess, to be honest. I'm happy for a couple more to come back in but we really can't have an image every second or third paragraph like we had before. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 20:05, 14 June 2020 (UTC)
Hi, could you please allow others to edit the templates like it was before? --LorenzoCB 16:35, 22 July 2020 (UTC)
We want to make a template for the Lords of Gondolin: Talk:Twelve Houses of the Gondothlim#A New Template for the Leaders of the Twelve Houses. It is fine if you want to take responsibility for the templates, but don't disappear then.--LorenzoCB 09:43, 25 July 2020 (UTC)
I am sorry, did I mix something up? In the entry "Sorontur", there is SORO and reference to Meril-i-Turinqi for -tur. The name Sorontur is mentioned in "The Coming of the Valar and the Building of Valinor" in the description of the house of Manwë. BartekChom 19:58, 14 August 2020 (UTC)
- I am sorry for language errors and writing in ugly and unclear style. Thank you for your corrections. However I would like to preserve details that I added: a) that Ilinsor was Súru, not one of Mánir (directly in the article about him - I have already readded it) b) (ad ) that the Rose was like Silpion (besides it seems that removing dew was the explanations of the phases and wobbling could be another detail, maybe explanation for differing orientation of the crescent moon). c) Before  I must have written completely unclear. Eriol was supposed to visit Gilfanon after both of them finish their stay in Lindo's Cottage of Lost Play. (Gilfanon even said (probably joked) to Eriol that one could think that Lindo tries to get rid of two guests at once.) Valar trying to heal the Trees only were only wasting light. Manwë and Aulë told so. I nowhere in the chapter see "rose" with small "r" as a name for the Moon (roses in the garden of Vána withered). That the Sun was too hot is an important detail - that is why the Moon was necessary, and that the Moon was heavier that the Sun is suggested in many places. BartekChom 16:34, 17 August 2020 (UTC)
Main Page Error
Hey Mith, I've noticed for the past two weeks (though I've forgotten to mention it the first and second time) that one the place on the Main Page where it indicates the day in the Shire-calendar, the word "Mersday" is misspelled as "Merstag." I believe that's a typo, but it's causing a redlink and I wanted to bring it to your attention. --Holdwine Meriadoc (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 23:15, 15 August 2020 (UTC)