Year of the Trees 1500
Revision as of 19:25, 31 May 2015 by Mith
Notable events in this year include:
- After grievous loss - including the death of Turgon's wife, Elenwë - the host of Fingolfin approach Middle-earth after crossing the Helcaraxë.
- The Valar complete the Sun and the Moon, which will be guided by the Maiar Arien and Tilion, respectively. Morgoth, and his servants, cannot bear the Sun.
- The Valar put towers and sentinels around the Calacirya. Valinor is hidden with the Enchanted Isles set about Tol Eressëa.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The War of the Jewels, "The Grey Annals": §52
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Morgoth's Ring, "The Annals of Aman": §173-181
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Quenta Silmarillion: Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of Valinor"