Events that occurred on 15 February.
 On Earth
- 1896 - Arthur Tolkien, J.R.R. Tolkien's father, dies.
- 1934 - J.R.R. Tolkien's poem "The Adventures of Tom Bombadil" is published in The Oxford Magazine.
- 1949 - Scholar Alexei Kondratiev is born.
- 1991 – The first "Colloquium on the Languages of Middle-earth" starts at the house of E.L.F. member Bill Welden. It lasts until the 18 February.
- 2008 - The Lord of the Rings and the Western Narrative Tradition is published
 In Arda
- T.A. 3019:
 Other versions of the legendarium
In earlier editions the Tale of Years lists the two events of T.A. 3019 at 14 February. Since it is clear from the narrative that the latter event occurred one day before departure on 16 February, this causes a problem in the chronology. In the 50th Anniversary Edition, Hammond and Scull decided to fix the Tale of Years so that the Mirror of Galadriel-sequence happened on 15 February. The return to life of Gandalf was also moved to today, for reasons unclear.