Events that occurred on 7 June.
 On Earth
- 1955 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 163.
- 1957 - Marquette University acquires many of Tolkien's manuscripts for £1,500 (worth £29,535 in 2012).
- 1964 - Actor Brian Talbot is born.
- 1972 – Actor Karl Urban is born.
- 1981 - The fourteenth episode of the 1981 radio series of The Lord of the Rings is aired on BBC Radio 4.
- 1999 - Tolkien: A Celebration: Collected Writings on a Literary Legacy is published.
- 2008 - Forodrim's 36th birthday celebration.
- 2015 - Actor Christopher Lee dies.
 In Arda
- There are no known events for this day.