Events that occurred on 7 March.
 On Earth
- 1940 - Voice actor Richard O'Callaghan is born.
- 1956 - William Galbraith writes a letter to J.R.R. Tolkien.
- 2004 - The third day of "RingCon IV" in Seattle.
 In Arda
- T.A. 3019:
- Faramir leads a raid against the Haradrim in Ithilien.
- He finds Frodo and Sam and takes them to Henneth Annûn. He learns about Frodo carrying the One Ring but does not try to take it.
- Gandalf travels with Pippin along the White Mountains towards Minas Tirith.
- Aragorn reaches Dunharrow at nightfall.
- Théoden and the éoherë travel towards Dunharrow.
 Other versions of the legendarium
J.R.R. Tolkien wanted this night to have a full moon (seen both by Frodo and Pippin, and the muster of Rohan) and adjusted other dates and routes around it. At first, Tolkien thought that time "froze" while the Fellowship of the Ring stayed in Lothlórien, and in the first drafts of The Forbidden Pool, Frodo was witnessing the full moon on the night of 6 February. Later Tolkien changed his mind about Lothlórien, and also invented the Shire Reckoning. To accommodate the full moons, and the new calendar, he adjusted the Fellowship's departure on 16 February.