Anne C. Petty
|Anne C. Petty|
|Died||21 July 2013|
|Education||Florida State University, Ph.D. in English|
|Location||Florida Gulf Coast|
Anne C. Petty (21 May 1945 — 21 July 2013), Ph.D., was a Tolkien scholar specializing in Mythology and Finnish folkore. She was also an author, and wrote several books and articles on Tolkien. Petty was a regular speaker at conventions like Dragon*Con and The One Ring Celebration.
- 1979/2002: One Ring to Bind Them All: Tolkien's Mythology
- 2003: Tolkien in the Land of Heroes
- 200?: Dragons of Fantasy
- 2000: J.R.R. Tolkien (Modern Critical Views)
- "Tolkien's Prelude (The Hobbit)"
- 2004: Tolkien Studies: Volume 1
- "Identifying England's Lönnrot"
- 2006: J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: Scholarship and Critical Assessment, entries
- Finland: Literary Sources
- On Translating Beowulf
- 2007: Tolkien and Shakespeare: Essays on Shared Themes and Language (edited by Janet Brennan Croft)
- "Shakespearean Catharsis in J.R.R. Tolkien's Fiction,"
- 2009: Tolkien and Religion (edited by Paul Kerry)
- "Mythic Iconography in Middle-earth"
- 2009: Good Dragons are Rare – An Inquiry into Literary Dragons East and West (edited by Thomas M. Honegger and Fanfan Chen)
- "J.R.R. Tolkien's Dragons: The Evolution of Glaurung and Smaug"
- 2011: Light Beyond All Shadow: Religious Experience in Tolkien's Work
- "Reflections of Christendom in the Mythopoeic Iconography of Middle-Earth"
- ↑ Template:Articleurl=https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thewakullanews/obituary.aspx?n=dr-anne-c-petty&pid=166134173&fhid=17969
- ↑ Jessica Burke, Anthony Burdge, "Passing of a MythSoc Award Finalist" dated 22 July 2013, Mailing list for the Mythopoeic Society (accessed 22 July 2013)