|"The Carrock" by Alan Lee|
|Location||In the river Anduin, Rhovanion|
|Description||Large rock with steps to the base|
|Events||T.A. 2941 - Thorin and Company reach the Carrock|
|Gallery||Images of the Carrock|
The Carrock was a stony eyot in the upper reaches of the River Anduin, to the north of the Old Ford. The river looped around the rock although there was a ford of stones (probably the Ford of Carrock) to the eastern bank, while there was a swirling channel under its western cliff. At the base was a little cave with adjacent steps that led to a flat space upon the top.
Anduin apparently had several such eyots, which Beorn called carrocks, but he referred to that particular one as "the Carrock" being closer to his home. Beorn built stairs reaching to its top, and sometimes would be seen climbing to the top in the form of a bear to look at the Moon or the Misty Mountains.
 Other versions of the legendarium
 Portrayal in adaptations
- After the Eagles take Thorin and Company to the Carrock, Thorin and Bilbo reconcile after Thorin's heavy resentment against Bilbo. Contrary to the books, Erebor is clearly visible from the rock.
2014: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- The Carrock is located in the "Vales of Anduin" region, where one can access the Eagles' Eyrie via Great Eagle. A secret cave located in the base of The Carrock, can only be accessed by the kin of Beorn and Grimbeorn.
 See also
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "Map of Wilderland"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "Queer Lodgings"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 207
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, John D. Rateliff (ed.), The History of The Hobbit, Mr. Baggins, The Second Phase, "Medwed", note 12, p. 246
|Route of Thorin and Company|
|Bag End · Green Dragon · The Shire · Lone-lands · Last Bridge · Trollshaws · Trolls' Cave · Rivendell · High Pass · Front Porch · Goblin-town · Goblin-gate · Eagle's Eyrie · Carrock · Beorn's Hall · Wilderland · Forest Gate · Elf-path · Mirkwood · Elvenking's Halls · Forest River · Lake-town · Long Lake · River Running · Desolation of the Dragon · Ravenhill · Back Door · Lonely Mountain · Great Hall of Thráin|