House of Finarfin
This article or section needs expansion and/or modification. Please help the wiki by expanding it.
|House of Finarfin|
|Other names||Nost Finarfin (S)|
|Locations||Tirion, West Beleriand, Dorthonion|
|Affiliation||House of Finwë|
|Languages||Exilic Quenya, Sindarin|
|Distinctions||The most beautiful Noldorin house|
|Gallery||Images of the House of Finarfin|
The House of Finarfin was a noble house of the Noldor formed by the descendants and followers of Finarfin, third son of Finwë. A particular aspect of this house is that many had golden hair, due to their half-Vanyarin heritage.
His children, led by Finrod, came to Beleriand, and that is why his House is also named House of Finrod. Galadriel belonged to this house as well as Gildor Inglorion and perhaps Glorfindel. Such Elves remained in Middle-earth until the late Third Age.
 Other versions of the legendarium
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Quenta Silmarillion: Of the Flight of the Noldor"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "Three is Company"
- ↑ Robert Foster, The Complete Guide to Middle-earth, p. 204, entry "House of Finrod"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "XI. The Shibboleth of Fëanor", "Notes", p. 360, note 31
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, Part Three: "The Etymologies", entry NÔ