Parma Eldalamberon 6
|Parma Eldalamberon, issue 6 (Vol. 2, No. 2)|
|Publisher||Elvish Linguistic Fellowship|
Parma Eldalamberon 6 is the sixth issue of Parma Eldalamberon, and the first after its revival by Christopher Gilson. John Closson contributed with the front cover calligraphy, and Silas Andrews with interior artwork.
The issue includes a letter from Rhona Beare that reports brief notes made on a draft version of Thrór's Map. These notes consist of the phrase "Five feet high the door and three may walk abreast" in Noldorin and Old English - Rhone Beare copied the notes from the map when it was on display in an exhibition of "Cartographic Curiosities" at The British Museum. The draft version of Thrór's Map can be seen in J.R.R. Tolkien: Artist and Illustrator (1995) - figure 85.
- Christopher Gilson: Editorial
- John Closson: "Undóme Lóriendesse, a Poem" (front cover)
- Bill Welden: "The Role of Telerin in the Development of Sindarin"
- Christopher Gilson: "High-elven Glossary"
- Rhona Beare: "Conjectures on the Origin of Quenya"
- "Runes: Letters to Parma"
- Christopher Gilson: "Map of Beleriand and Eriador" (back cover)
- ↑ An Illustrated Tolkien Bibliography at Tolkienbooks.net